ThomasHJ

ThomasHJ

Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi all,

My parents are at this moment, enjoying our (T5) Cali, for a holiday in France. The bendy light upstairs wasn't working so they tried to 'wiggle' the lightbulb. This caused all the internal lights (above the kitchen, above the sliding door, etc) to go out. So, I'm guessing it short circuited or something and a fuse is probably blown? I hope this is something that can be rather easily remedied by replacing a fuse. I had a look at the fuse diagram in the VIP-section, but must admit it might as well be in Russian 'cause I have no idea.

Could anyone confirm that this is probably just a blown fuse and that it can be solved by replacing the fuse? And where would I look for this fuse? Under the driver seat? Under the passenger seat? (This is a LHD T5 California)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi all,

My parents are at this moment, enjoying our (T5) Cali, for a holiday in France. The bendy light upstairs wasn't working so they tried to 'wiggle' the lightbulb. This caused all the internal lights (above the kitchen, above the sliding door, etc) to go out. So, I'm guessing it short circuited or something and a fuse is probably blown? I hope this is something that can be rather easily remedied by replacing a fuse. I had a look at the fuse diagram in the VIP-section, but must admit it might as well be in Russian 'cause I have no idea.

Could anyone confirm that this is probably just a blown fuse and that it can be solved by replacing the fuse? And where would I look for this fuse? Under the driver seat? Under the passenger seat? (This is a LHD T5 California)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Check the Blue 15amp fuses under the Drivers seat.
For access turn the seat 90o and slide back towards the kitchen unit.

If a fuse is blown, replace, but it could blow again if the bendy light is still causing a short circuit.

Thanks @WelshGas I'll let them know and see if they manage to replace it tomorrow. Thanks!

Thanks @WelshGas I'll let them know and see if they manage to replace it tomorrow. Thanks!
I’ve just been checking a T5 fuse diagram - it could be a 10 amp fuse under drivers seat , so ask them to check both 10 and 15 amp fuses. There aren’t many.

Yes, they have the manual with them, so I couldnt check, but they just send me photos of the manual, which apparently states it should be a 10 amp fuse (number 20) for the 'innner lighting.' So they'll go and buy some fuses tomorrow and see if that solves the problem. (why I dont keep spare fuses in the van? - I'm dumb). ;-) But thanks again @WelshGas

Could it simply be the earth leak switch that switched off? In the backside cupboard?

I'll ask, but I'd suspect that other electrical stuff would als not be working and that is not the case.

Problem resolved. Removed the lamp's bulb. Replaced a 10 amp fuse (red) under the drivers seat. The old one was obviously broken and replacing it solved the problem. Thanks to everyone, especially @WelshGas. My parents are happy campers again ;-)