inside lighting

Meoncoast

Meoncoast

an Ocean by the Sea
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Has anyone replace the rear internal light bulbs with LED bulbs if so with which ones and where from any issues :thanks

Yes indeed... replaced all of my interior lights with LEDs on my 2009.

Including the upstairs gooseneck light... A mod definitely worth doing if you've ever felt how hot it gets.

Lighting all round now much better and draws much less current.

Usually get my LEDs from Ultraleds

Rgds

Mark

Thanks to you both

Had a quick look at Ultraleds and there are lots of different G4 variants. Which one did you go for?
Thanks

Maybe worth a look as every little helps...does anyone know how much it is to change out all the interior bulbs before I scare myself and start looking ..?? Lol

beardie said:
Had a quick look at Ultraleds and there are lots of different G4 variants. Which one did you go for?
Thanks

It's a few years ago now, but I used 6 LED cool white G4s... 13w equivalents.

Current equivalent looks like UG46CWDC.

Also modified the fluorescent to take two of them instead of the tube.

The gooseneck and fluorescent air a little more work... A little bit of soldering but worth the effort.

More than bright enough... At least twice as bright as the originals and much less current draw.

Some people don't like cool white, think its a little too blue and go for warm white... I prefer LEDs to look like LEDs.

I think most of he facelift models have LEDs on the habitation lights now as standard... Might be wrong though.

Cheers

Mark

Martin said:
Lee, you should already have LED's in all your interior lights ?

If I have then that's literally cool :)

I'll have to have a check

SimplyDubs said:
beardie said:
Thanks

It's a few years ago now, but I used 6 LED cool white G4s... 13w equivalents.

Current equivalent looks like UG46CWDC.

Also modified the fluorescent to take two of them instead of the tube.

The gooseneck and fluorescent air a little more work... A little bit of soldering but worth the effort.

More than bright enough... At least twice as bright as the originals and much less current draw.

Some people don't like cool white, think its a little too blue and go for warm white... I prefer LEDs to look like LEDs.

I think most of he facelift models have LEDs on the habitation lights now as standard... Might be wrong though.

Cheers

Mark

I'm definitely going to get some of these for the four standard lights - is there any chance you could explain what the mods for the goosesneck and fluorescent entailed or is it too complicated?

Just fitted the 4 led bulbs - forgot about the one in the back though so will have to get another.
What a difference, loads brighter and only draws 0.4A when they're all on so about half what it was before.
I got the cool white because i like the look of it, only trouble is the strip light looks odd now being a different colour.
So hopefully somebody can describe what's involved with changing the strip light to led fittings, otherwise a visit to my electrician mate is in order.

Freeley said:
Just fitted the 4 led bulbs - forgot about the one in the back though so will have to get another.
What a difference, loads brighter and only draws 0.4A when they're all on so about half what it was before.
I got the cool white because i like the look of it, only trouble is the strip light looks odd now being a different colour.
So hopefully somebody can describe what's involved with changing the strip light to led fittings, otherwise a visit to my electrician mate is in order.

I'll sort out some pictures and a short set of instructions tomorrow...

It involves cutting the wires to the transformer and soldering a couple of wires and gluing in a couple of G4 bulb holders.

Alternatively, I've a spare lamp which I can modify for you and we can do a quick swap at the next meet.

Rgds
M

Cheers Mark i'd appreciate the pictures and instructions.
If it's beyond me i'm sure my mate can do it. :thanks