Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Insurance - Europe for 180 days / Full timing for the year

D

DanDrumm#1965

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi,

I have rented out my UK home for the year.

I intend to spend the next 6 months in Europe - 3 months Schengen / 3 months non Schengen (Croatia) before returning to UK and working my way north as weather improves.

My query relates to insurance - I have found it incredibly difficult to get insurance based upon the above scenario. Another stumbling block related to my desire to park up in a Euro airport for say up to a week so I can return to the UK for a friends 60th birthday party - but that seems to be a no go for insurers also.

I cannot be the only one doing this - and I do want to declare my full circumstances - not provide a convenient address ;)

thanks in advance, Dan

Hi,

I intend to spend the next 6 months in Europe - 3 months Schengen / 3 months non Schengen (Croatia) before returning to UK and working my way north as weather improves.

My query relates to insurance - I have found it incredibly difficult to get insurance based upon the above scenario. Another stumbling block related to my desire to park up in a Euro airport for say up to a week so I can return to the UK for a friends 60th birthday party - but that seems to be a no go for insurers also.

I cannot be the only one doing this - and I do want to declare my full circumstances - not provide a convenient address ;)

thanks in advance, Dan

We travelled around Europe for a full year plus 10 days in 2017/2018. We insured through the “Camping and caravan club” who found us a insurer who would cover 270 days in Europe. We took out the insurance on 1 March 2017 and left the UK on 18 June so we used 256 days of the 270 day allowance in the first year.

Unfortunately, I cannot recall the insurer, but if you call the C&CC they should be able to help.

Hi,

thanks in advance, Dan
Try NFU Mutual. I think they will cover your period as long as you can demonstrate continued 'residency' in the UK.

We travelled around Europe for a full year plus 10 days in 2017/2018. We insured through the “Camping and caravan club” who found us a insurer who would cover 270 days in Europe. We took out the insurance on 1 March 2017 and left the UK on 18 June so we used 256 days of the 270 day allowance in the first year.

Unfortunately, I cannot recall the insurer, but if you call the C&CC they should be able to help.
thanks Amarillio, appreciate the response - I will give them a call,

kind regards, Dan

Back