Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Insurance green card, do you got it?

estresao

estresao

Vehicle
T5 Beach 4Motion
Hi,

Currently my Cali is insured with Admiral and, surprisingly, they don't provide you with the green card, but you have to ask them for one each time you plan travel to a non European country which it's usually only valid for the time you are panning to be at the country (Admiral ask you about that).

The point is that I've never seen that before, mainly because that's the first time I get an insurance in UK. In Spain they provide you with the green card for the whole policy period.

To me it's a little annoying because I travel a lot from UK to Spain and, many times I'm tempted to pass by Andorra with no plans, just because I have spare time (and I want). For example, last Christmas I was in the Pyrenees Skiing, and someone proposed at the very last minute to come to Andorra, which I couldn't do because the lack of the famous green card.

Do this happens to you? Is that usual in UK? Should I change to another insurance company?

As has been said before - you pay less you get less.
There are other companies that allow anything from 30 days upwards of foreign travel without informing them but this is factored into the premium.

I wouldn't label my insurance as cheap.... but the point here is not how many days you can travel abroad, but the green card you need to travel out if Europe union, which is only provided on demand with a limited period of time. In Spain, any insurance, doesn't matter how cheap, you always get the green card for the whole policy term.

With the Insurance companies I use, they include European Comprehensive Cover for 30+ days, it varies. No Green Card required. If you want longer then you phone them.
I'm with the Caravan Club and they give 270 days European Cover and you don't have a "Green Card". In fact for the majority of European countries you do not need a green card.
image.png

We don't need it for Andorra, Swizeland, etc.. ?

No greencard needed for Andorra, Switzerland etc or anywhere on mainland Europe. Have a look in your policy document it will list all the countries you can drive in.
We did need one for Morocco which isn't in Europe.

I'll check it up (I could travel to Andorra last Christmars and didn't :headbang)