Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Personal Travel Insurance

Cameron1960

Cameron1960

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
Hi, could anyone please advise of good personal travel insurance specifically tailored to campervan travel ( I already have breakdown through Green Flag). For the life of me I cant seem to find any companies that offer it, all seem to offer just 'bog standard' holiday insurance.

Hi, could anyone please advise of good personal travel insurance specifically tailored to campervan travel ( I already have breakdown through Green Flag). For the life of me I cant seem to find any companies that offer it, all seem to offer just 'bog standard' holiday insurance.
Red Pennant from Caravan & Motorhome Club.

Hi @WelshGas, I‘ve just had a look at Red Pennent and got a quote, I’m curious to know what you think as it surprised me in terms of cost. 1 years personal insurance for multiple journeys with a 66 day maximum trip. Both me and Mrs Billylou are 56. The price was £317, does that seem high to you? I can’t understand why they’d include winter sports as standard when you are asked if you want it or not. Any thoughts gratefully received as always. Many thanks
Sounds reasonable to me. We are north of 70. Paid about £350. It covers the van as well, useful in Scandinavia and the other half won’t drive the van.
You can get cheaper, but not with the same range of cover. Depends where you are travelling.