Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Insuring our VW California Ocean

Footy69

Footy69

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
How much and any recommendations for insurance for VW California Ocean please ?

How much and any recommendations for insurance for VW California Ocean please ?
I’ve just been through a comparative exercise and have decided that for me at least Comfort Insurance comes out top. £420 p.a. Fully Comp; Unlimited mileage; £5k personal possessions/camping accessories; new for old (conditions apply); etc; etc

Loads of info previously posted if using the "Search Forums" facility. We've used Comfort for a long time, always come up with a good price. Know what they're talking about re california's, and have had 6loads of good reviews on the forum.

LV= Multi Car . £216. £200 excess. 6000 miles. Fully Comp.
Do they cover "Camping" accidents? Check the small print.

LV= Multi Car . £216. £200 excess. 6000 miles. Fully Comp.
Wow, that makes Comfort really expensive.
I note that it is a Multi-Car Policy. A friend of mine added a Porsche 911 to his LV Multi-Car policy last week, with Limitd mileage, and it only cost him £250 pa! Perhaps this is the future. But as WelshGas said, I would look at the small print before signing up.

I note that it is a Multi-Car Policy. A friend of mine added a Porsche 911 to his LV Multi-Car policy last week, with Limitd mileage, and it only cost him £250 pa! Perhaps this is the future. But as WelshGas said, I would look at the small print before signing up.
Yes I had a quote from LV of £220 but although fully comp it was not the right policy for me. More for a car than a camper. As others have suggested Comfort or CAMC look best for complete cover for camper vans and equipment.

Admiral multi Cali and Audi convertible - both fully comp 8000 miles each PA under £580 - Protected no claims, loan car, £150 excess usual screen cover etc ( Proof of any insurance is when you have to claim - sadly had too earlier this year all quickly sorted over phone )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LV Campervan insurance. £285 with business usage and loan car & legal and protected 11 years NCD

I’ve just been through a comparative exercise and have decided that for me at least Comfort Insurance comes out top. £420 p.a. Fully Comp; Unlimited mileage; £5k personal possessions/camping accessories; new for old (conditions apply); etc; etc
I am planning using Comfort as I had a great post accident experience, however some say they are insisting on a That ham tracker fitting? Some others say not?

I am planning using Comfort as I had a great post accident experience, however some say they are insisting on a That ham tracker fitting? Some others say not?
They say a Thatcham Cat1 Alarm/Mobiliser OR a Thatcham Cat5 or 6 Tracker. I believe the factory fitted alarm/mobiliser is Cat1?

Yes I had a quote from LV of £220 but although fully comp it was not the right policy for me. More for a car than a camper. As others have suggested Comfort or CAMC look best for complete cover for camper vans and equipment.
And. The new for old for 3 years must save a few hundred on GAP insurance, DAS Law inclusive with Comfort have been excellent for me.

I have a Porsche also with LV and multicar . Not often realised but Porsche is actually cheaper to insure than the Audi 1.4 s line I swap to in winter - and the yeti and cali also come to that . Bonkers

I have a Porsche also with LV and multicar . Not often realised but Porsche is actually cheaper to insure than the Audi 1.4 s line I swap to in winter - and the yeti and cali also come to that . Bonkers
Maybe Porche drivers are less of a risk than Audi drivers?

I’ve had nothing but great service from LV. Had a total loss on a garage fire and they paid out up to £45k around 10 years ago. Wife had a few accidents over 10 / 25 years ago and service and pay out was more than fair. Think they have kept the faith that was inherited from Frizzel insurance when they bought them out.
Yes @WelshGas Audi cars cannot be driven slowly;) Had many and you just cannot drive them slowly, like Subaru WRX STI’s they just want to be driven hard!

Maybe Porche drivers are less of a risk than Audi drivers?
Probably. I think another issue is the number of Audis that get stolen for parts especially the bumpers , front wings and lights so beloved of the great unwashed.
A friends son parked his a3 sline in Manchester to watch the footie when he came back the whole front of his car had been cut up the middle of the front wings with a grinder and removed and the door mirrors same fate.

I’ve had nothing but great service from LV. Had a total loss on a garage fire and they paid out up to £45k around 10 years ago. Wife had a few accidents over 10 / 25 years ago and service and pay out was more than fair. Think they have kept the faith that was inherited from Frizzel insurance when they bought them out.
Yes @WelshGas Audi cars cannot be driven slowly;) Had many and you just cannot drive them slowly, like Subaru WRX STI’s they just want to be driven hard!

A 1.4t a3 vs 3.4 boxster. Not so sure and certainly not in my case :)