Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Integrated campinggaz valve/regulator

Arie

Arie

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hello fellow Californianists,
Since I can’t find an answer to my question I have to ask it on this unsurpassed forum:
Does anyone know why VW uses a separate gas regultator (gok) and gas valve instead of a integrated valve/regulator that is also available for Campinggaz 907 bottles (as it is used in the former T4 Westfalia?)

Kind regards from the tropics (aka the Netherlands)
Arjan

Hello fellow Californianists,
Since I can’t find an answer to my question I have to ask it on this unsurpassed forum:
Does anyone know why VW uses a separate gas regultator (gok) and gas valve instead of a integrated valve/regulator that is also available for Campinggaz 907 bottles (as it is used in the former T4 Westfalia?)

Kind regards from the tropics (aka the Netherlands)
Arjan
Absolutely no idea. I use a 1 piece regulator/tap made by Calor for the Campigaz 907/904/901 cylinders with a quick release in the gas line.
Probably VW use their system as most regulators are screw on type and wouldn't work without a quick release or undoing the gas line each time.

It’s because they don’t want to tie everyone to campingaz. In the UK it’s all we have but other options are available overseas and it wouldn’t make sense to produce variants for each market. Unless you have a quick release coupling, a campingaz regulator means you’ll have the problem of playing spin the bottle once the cylinder is in situ.

Absolutely no idea. I use a 1 piece regulator/tap made by Calor for the Campigaz 907/904/901 cylinders with a quick release in the gas line.
Probably VW use their system as most regulators are screw on type and wouldn't work without a quick release or undoing the gas line each time.

Ok, so it’s not a safety issue, thank you

It’s because they don’t want to tie everyone to campingaz. In the UK it’s all we have but other options are available overseas and it wouldn’t make sense to produce variants for each market. Unless you have a quick release coupling, a campingaz regulator means you’ll have the problem of playing spin the bottle once the cylinder is in situ.
Thanks, seems reasonable to me. Didn’t think of this!

Back