Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Interestion option for simple awning - Reimo Antigua

HowieDog

HowieDog

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Just browsing
Saw this online, a bit like the Kampa version but with a front door. Seems to be out of stock, but looks good for a couple of nights of not looking to move the van.

Link

Has anyone one used or seen one?

love the tag line in the advert:

Awning which can also be used as awning

phew..

Saw this online, a bit like the Kampa version but with a front door. Seems to be out of stock, but looks good for a couple of nights of not looking to move the van.

Link

Has anyone one used or seen one?
On our first van we had a Reimo Palm Beech which was excellent.DSCN4982.JPG

what an odd idea. I simply cannot see any advantage of that over a couple of poles, and i can see quite a few disadvantages. The whole marketing of the stiches and steel website, and that video of the conception of this (tiny) awning, are almost unwatchable. It removes my will to live! haha.

(to be fair, some of their stuff is well designed, but this awning looks a bit useless, and makes you look like you are a stand at a camping fair.)

Last edited:

I have the standard wind out awning and that works well for shade. The Comfortz room is too small and claustrophobic, the Fiamma/Thule are too much hassle t erect and large to store.

What we really want is something like the Antigua or the Outdoor revolution Sport Canopi (which is too low) with a zip in front door. Ideal for a night or two as extra space connected to the van but without the connection 'tunnel' that most drive away awnings have. Ideally able to zip out the sides and front if the weather is good.

what an odd idea. I simply cannot see any advantage of that over a couple of poles, and i can see quite a few disadvantages. The whole marketing of the stiches and steel website, and that video of the conception of this (tiny) awning, are almost unwatchable. It removes my will to live! haha.

(to be fair, some of their stuff is well designed, but this awning looks a bit useless, and makes you look like you are a stand at a camping fair.)
Have you ever let go of a pole and had it scratch your van?

Have you ever let go of a pole and had it scratch your van?

No, good point! I'm not adverse to an inflatable tent or awning to be honest. That decathlon one looks pretty good, just not so sure about this rather small looking Bawdsey thing.

Agree, looks a bit odd, but built for function rather than looks. Its designed to stay put in the wind.

My experience of simple poled awnings is that they are fine with no wind + good ground for pegs ...but in windy conditions + sand they are a waste of time and you end up taking them down.

In functional terms it's pretty small though. Look at the video on the link at 3.25 minutes and it doesn't look like it would have room to fit a table and chairs. It's 2.2m x 2.2m apparently, but with less functional space. The one i linked is 2.4 (at van) and 3m long and wide at the end.

You can put a poled one up in sand with different pegs (and anything flat under the pole feet.). I don't see any particular functional wind protection in the inflatable design.

It looks handy so long as you don't want to drive away. As a competitor to the comfort room etc (which you can't drive away from either), then it has some merit.
The lack of a tunnel might be a bonus for many users.

Back