Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Movelite T4 quality?

Debbie Rogers

Debbie Rogers

WhitePearl
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi. Has anyone bought a drive away awning from Outdoor Revolution...specifically the Movelite T4? They seem to have been around for about 13 years, but don’t seem to be too well known. But their products come across as comparable to Vango and Kampa. But anyone actually had one??? ....family of 5 finding the Vango Kela a bit small!!

They are really well made. Perhaps a bit lighter fabric weight in some (unimportant) areas but that's part of good design

I'm selling my movelite 3 on ebay at the moment as it didn't solve the specific problem I'd hoped (dog issue). I was very impressed with it. It has a BIG tunnel that easily accommodates the fully opened sliding door (many don't and rip in that corner).

They are really well made. Perhaps a bit lighter fabric weight in some (unimportant) areas but that's part of good design

I'm selling my movelite 3 on ebay at the moment as it didn't solve the specific problem I'd hoped (dog issue). I was very impressed with it. It has a BIG tunnel that easily accommodates the fully opened sliding door (many don't and rip in that corner).

Thanks for your reply. They do look good, so it’s great to hear from somebody who’s had one.
We have a dog too (Westie), if it isn’t too rude, what is your dog conundrum? We bought a collapsible dog crate that we use for him to travel in on our journeys (I remember the first time he was in the van without it, and suddenly I found him at my feet near the control pedals!!! :Nailbiting ) He also goes in there once the awning is set up when he gets a bit over excited.

We rather optimistically hoped to get 2 dogs to sleep in the ‘tunnel’ bit, with just their beds. Leaving the sliding door open with a midge net in place. That way they felt close enough but the van itself would be an adult only place.

It worked until they smelt other van owners cooking breakfast and snook out to see what they could cadge.

We then tried to contain them in the main bit of the awning, but the bottom of the doors didn’t zip, so they escaped again. We had to block all the doors to keep them in.

If yours is in a crate then you should be fine. I bought mine 2nd hand knowing it was a gamble. I think that’s the way with awnings....it’s tough to find something ideal, so buying and selling 2nd hand only means minimal losses.

We rather optimistically hoped to get 2 dogs to sleep in the ‘tunnel’ bit, with just their beds. Leaving the sliding door open with a midge net in place. That way they felt close enough but the van itself would be an adult only place.

It worked until they smelt other van owners cooking breakfast and snook out to see what they could cadge.

We then tried to contain them in the main bit of the awning, but the bottom of the doors didn’t zip, so they escaped again. We had to block all the doors to keep them in.

If yours is in a crate then you should be fine. I bought mine 2nd hand knowing it was a gamble. I think that’s the way with awnings....it’s tough to find something ideal, so buying and selling 2nd hand only means minimal losses.

Comedy gold...dogs are so funny
Second hand is great, unless it’s pick up only, cash on delivery, and 200miles away...as with one I’ve seen I’d like. Good luck with your sale.

Back