Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Internal seat/bed rail fixings

jamesC

jamesC

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Hi,

I would like to use the rail system to securely fix my fridge in the passenger compartment of my Cali Beach.

Does anybody know where I might buy some suitable fixings??

Thanks!!

I got a company in Germany to ensure my coolbox was secured to the rail system and could be moved about.

James

Thanks for super quick response!!

100 euro's!!... Blimey!!... And what is the greyed out text below talking about £7-8??

Hi James, was yours not the OEM part??

redredzimmer said:

Exactly - the company was VW in Germany... :bananadance :bananadance :bananadance :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2

Sorry...

Will get some pics of the plate if you still want them?

redredzimmer said:
Thanks for super quick response!!

100 euro's!!... Blimey!!... And what is the greyed out text below talking about £7-8??

The greyed out text is my reply on another thread about how I fixed a kitchen pod to the sliding rails. The 2 part numbers refereed to are the what holds the multiflex board (at least on my 2 seater bench) to the rails. As they are they would not provide a tie down for a fridge. You might be able to mount them on some sort of plate and fix the coolbox/fridge to that. Bit like VW have done with their coolbox.

James said:
redredzimmer said:

Exactly - the company was VW in Germany... :bananadance :bananadance :bananadance :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2

Sorry...

Will get some pics of the plate if you still want them?

Ah... that little know manufacturer!!

No pictures required thanks James.... I have bought something else now!!

Bigbud said:
just one without the lashing eye

http://www.fahrzeugeinrichtung24.de/pro ... ystem.html

We have a similar problem, we have a waeco coolbox that needs fixing down. Looking at options currently !

I have bought a Waeco CFX35 Fridge/Freezer... Tested it out this weekend, ran from Friday evening to Sunday evening on the Leisure batteries, set at 2c and during that time the voltage dropped by .4v, starting at 12.9v. Setting the fridge in Leisure Battery Mode (Lo) means that it should auto switch off at 10.1v.. so it seems as if it would run for sometime, although I suspect that the voltage falls faster as you get lower!!

We also used the lights and sockets a fair bit too!!

Which Waeco did you go for, and do you think you might gets these tie downs??... price aside I think they would be perfect for my Waeco!!

we got the CF35 & that was a push ! so expensive ! But my god its good :clap

The two locations (for us) (excuse state of van, it was chucking it down when we collected it :crazy )

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98674611/2013-05-11 13.10.08.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98674611/2013-05-11 13.11.48.jpg

I quite like it up on the seat tbh, similar to Owens just without the pod. But I need to find a way to stop it flying forward in the even of an accident, most likey a tie back to a towing eye. I can still open the storage box. If its going on the floor, god knows !

I think in the 2 seater option, the "seat" option is great, Waeco actually do a really nice "Clunk'Clip" style mounting solution http://www.waeco.com.au/products5.asp?i ... bCatId2=71 which I am sure would make for a really neat and workable solution, but as usual, might be pricey, and tricky to buy in the UK.

We have the 3 seater Beach, so no Seat to mount too... but it goes well under the multiflex board in the boot... but I would much prefer it in the passenger compartment, but it would need to be securely located as an accident with that flying around is unthinkable!!

The Waeco tie down kit is where I got the idea to use the handle recess from. I did see the kit listed on a UK website somewhere, around £40 I think.

For fixing in the passenger compartment how about one of the Waeco tie down kits mounted to a plywood base. The plywood base could then be bolted to the floor rails using either the quick release T fixings or a simple bolt through to a spreader nut/plate in the track.

The neat CF35 fixing kit is not available for the CFX, instead you use the handles to lash the unit down!

Looks beast that ! Could do with that for my Tarmac :D