Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Internal view of 2018 California (Spain)

ChrisB

ChrisB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Hi Guys & Gals,

The configurator for Spain has been updated (again) for the 2018 model and is now showing the triple split worktop. I don't know about the funny little spice rack thingy next to the wardrobe.

The dealer says there will be other additions but won't be specific. I would imagine that UK models will have the same worktop arrangement as shown in the image.

Unfortunately, as someone said on another thread recently, if you choose the shower option it also demands the additional inclusion of the extra lighting which brings that particular option up to 400 euros (sneaky).

I hope to get my build week confirmed soon with delivery expected in November.

Chris

cali internal .jpg

The image attached to the thread is taken directly from the Spanish (VW comerciales) website this morning and can be found in the configurator gallery which updates as you add to the initial package chosen.
https://www.volkswagen-comerciales.es/app/configurador/vwn-es/es/california/72015?page=trim
I have not photoshopped the image, so presumably any manipulation has been done by the webmasters just to show the new worktops!
The shower option is still shown (priced at 295 euros) as an option in Spain and the configurator demands the additional inclusion of the additional lighting at 130 euros. If they include these as standard by the time I take delivery then I will be a happy man but I cannot see the value in paying the extra 425 euros so I have given it a miss.
The thread just highlights the different options/packages available in different countries.

Funny picture without the B-pilar ....nice fotoshop!

Now that would be a nice option to be offered:

#28a: Comfort Access Side Entry. This optional removal of the driver's side B pillar* allows full and uninterrupted movement of the drivers swivel seat, easier access, panoramic views and more ergonomic dangling of legs.

*Note: customer will be responsible for any subsequent sagging of aluminium roof panel and VW will tell you to p*** off if you complain.

Now that would be a nice option to be offered:

#28a: Comfort Access Side Entry. This optional removal of the driver's side B pillar* allows full and uninterrupted movement of the drivers swivel seat, easier access, panoramic views and more ergonomic dangling of legs.

*Note: customer will be responsible for any subsequent sagging of aluminium roof panel and VW will tell you to p*** off if you complain.
Might also make the door seals a bit draughty.

It will be very interesting to see what I get delivered, as my build week is 30 (start 23rd July) and I ordered before end of May. I recall an earlier thread which said from Build Week 25, all Cali's will get the split top.

Also, I paid for the shower option (but not lighting) on the pre-June pricelist. I wonder whether I'll get no lighting, or free lighting...

I think I see the pillar just behind the headrests?

Yeah we all do , but where's the B-pilar on the right hand side ....the side on witch the foto is taken?
I don't think your Cali has a that big sliding door....:D

Nope, it is in the right side.... wich is the left LOL.

I guess the picture was taken:

1) Using a wide angle lens and a particular perspective. Pretty sure VW marketing guys manipulated the picture.... at least to correct he wide angle lens deformations.

2) They got a demo "thing" to show the concept.

Any case I'm pretty sure VW marketing guys, as any other, manipulated the picture to correct colors, etc... and make the product more attractive.

I guess whether you guys are able to take same picture of your van (OK, no need to move the steering wheelk to the proper place)

This is going on every where now. You only have to look at a Toblerone!
VW also have to save money and this is thier answer. Now you only get three quarters of a Cali! :(

The thread just highlights the different options/packages available in different countries.

I was speaking with customer services today and when I asked about when the MY18 Brochure & Price List would be issued they said they'd be available on the web site 'in the next few weeks'. If that is the case I hope it clarifies the standard build and the valid options. I did not ask if this will coincide with a configurator update.

I was speaking with customer services today and when I asked about when the MY18 Brochure & Price List would be issued they said they'd be available on the web site 'in the next few weeks'. If that is the case I hope it clarifies the standard build and the valid options. I did not ask if this will coincide with a configurator update.
Just ordered a my 18 ocean this week.
The shower is definitely an extra ,,, and it forces the comfort lights too..I went for this option..... the lights and vision pack and multifunction steering wheel are now standard on the my18 so there's a saving!!!!! if you was planning on ordering them options you can now spend that money on something else ..
Has it only been on order 3 days
It feels like ages already

Does anyone know the date when production of the 2018 Ocean commenced?

Thanks WelshGas.
I was told my order was "In Product" at 14 July, which meant the camping components were being installed. So hopefully it will include the MY18 enhancements.
Will find out later this month!

Back