Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Internet Radio

• Thread starter cpjb@btinternet.com
  • Start date
cpjb@btinternet.com

cpjb@btinternet.com

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I bought myself an All-in-one stereo system (Ruark R5) before lockdown, and I have to say the internet radio has been a revelation. Can't stop listening to Blues Radio (from Athens). I really didn't know that there are three thousand different versions of Hey Joe or Dust my Broom. But good stuff, and a great way to while away a few hours.

Anybody got any favourite intenet stations?

I bought myself an All-in-one stereo system (Ruark R5) before lockdown, and I have to say the internet radio has been a revelation. Can't stop listening to Blues Radio (from Athens). I really didn't know that there are three thousand different versions of Hey Joe or Dust my Broom. But good stuff, and a great way to while away a few hours.

I like listening to some of the Aussie stations, especially the non-commercial.

FIP is worth is worth a listen.

KCSM Jazz based in San Mateo California. Listener supported but you can listen for free. Its not just an extended play loop as some internet stations are. No adverts and some of the presenters are jazz musicians. Incredibly knowledgeable about what they present. Covers everything from traditional stuff to contemporary and at times just plain weird. Its usual scheduling is a bit altered just now due to CV but its still on 24/7. There's a bit more pre recorded programming just now due to the CV but usually its all live presenters presenting proper music based programmes. I am not a jazz fan as such but listen to this station a huge amount because of the nature of the presenters and the wide range of jazz they cover. I have discovered some amazing music/musicians through listening to it and from some of the interviews they do at times with jazz musicians.

Hirschmilch Chillout Channel. Germany.

Continuous music to switch off by.

No advertisements, no begging, no gabbling, no phone in, NO NEWS.

Good thread, thanks, will give these a try.

BBC Six Music via BBC Sounds. Mainly the weekend and evening shows on Catch Up. Iggy Pop is particularly surprising on Friday evening. Fast forwarding past the news.

Last edited:
Newstalk ZB

New Zealand talk radio - Kiwis setting the world to rights - Went backpacking there years ago and got addicted to this.

Back