Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Introducing Velma

Velma's Dad

Velma's Dad

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi everyone and this is to introduce ourselves to this superb forum, and to introduce Velma. The first time we've EVER given a name to a bloody motor vehicle, which just goes to show.

We got into this after we found our leisure life was getting stale so we both started 'looking around'. One day down by the beach in Cornwall I spotted a Californian model and was so aroused by her that I began to ask the missus to watch videos about her with me. Now I'm getting really excited by the prospect of us all sleeping together, as a threesome. And also quite often also with Betty.

Velma is a 2015 T5, 180ps, Olympian Blue and pretty much factory standard at the moment and probably will stay that way externally at least as we're not so much into the body kits and so on, which look great on the yoof amongst you all but we're a bit too boring for all that now, and also I think I like the idea of keeping a reasonably 'stealth' appearance. But we are looking forward to adding some uber-cool (silver)surfing stickers, you know the sort of thing, National Trust, Radio 4 FM, Sanatogen Gold.

Betty is a six-month old spaniel. Any good tips about dog crates that fit precisely into the rear space on the Cali?

Meanwhile, well done and thanks to everyone for an awesome and really helpful forum, which was seriously useful when we were deciding what to buy.

Welcome to the forum.

Mike

Well, welcome Velma's Dad, most call me GJ around here but I was not going to refer to you by your initials :shocked

Welcome to the ear to ear smile club. Albert always know's when I'm planning to get his wheels turning by the huge grin on my face the day before, as now, packing him up for a short trip to France on Monday.

Betty will love it, not sure about dog crates though, mine just flop wherever they are, normally back seat.

Welcome Velma's Dad,
Great introduction. Welcome to you all.

Welcome to the club Velma's Dad :thumb
Your new found vocation will surely spice things up

Alan

Welcome from Italy! I agree with your idea of keeping a reasonably "stealth" appearance. I like this way too. Ciao

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Welcome to a great Forum .
We had 2 spaniels Millie and Maisie and never put their cage in the van when out and about , only in the back when we took them to the woods for daily walks . We lost Millie last summer,Maisie is always in the cab area behind our seats whist driving , on her bed . She is attached to the seat belt with her lead , just to keep things safe for her and legal of course . At night she sleeps on her bed on drivers seat . Dog crates get in the way for us and we rather like being able to see what she's up to . Usually fast asleep and snoring . Dogs love the freedom the Cali brings as will you .

Thanks everyone for your welcoming comments. I should have said my full title should be Velma's Sugar Daddy but that would not fit as a forum name. Obviously I'm not Velma's biological father, that would be weird, she is a two-tonne lump of Germanic steel, plastic and rubber... what ARE you people into??

Thanks for the thoughts about dogs and the Cali. In fact I hadn't searched around the forum about that huge subject (bad, BAD newbie) but I have now and there are pages and pages about the hounds. Indeed it looks like Cali owners care more about their dogs than their kids which, for the Brits at least, is as it should be. Seriously though, the various posts and approaches (some take along a separate dog tent, for God's sake!) underline that all dogs and their owners are different. I think we will be taking a (foldable) crate at least for the first trips out, as flexibility seems to be the watchword... as with so many things Cali.

GrannyJen we loved the pics of your dogs on your blog. Your niece(?) Bella is indeed a Claudia Schiffer among Weimeraners.

Thanks everyone for your welcoming comments. I should have said my full title should be Velma's Sugar Daddy but that would not fit as a forum name. Obviously I'm not Velma's biological father, that would be weird, she is a two-tonne lump of Germanic steel, plastic and rubber... what ARE you people into??

Thanks for the thoughts about dogs and the Cali. In fact I hadn't searched around the forum about that huge subject (bad, BAD newbie) but I have now and there are pages and pages about the hounds. Indeed it looks like Cali owners care more about their dogs than their kids which, for the Brits at least, is as it should be. Seriously though, the various posts and approaches (some take along a separate dog tent, for God's sake!) underline that all dogs and their owners are different. I think we will be taking a (foldable) crate at least for the first trips out, as flexibility seems to be the watchword... as with so many things Cali.

GrannyJen we loved the pics of your dogs on your blog. Your niece(?) Bella is indeed a Claudia Schiffer among Weimeraners.
Or more likely, Chinese steel.

Welcome to "sugar daddy " from Belgium...

Welcome Velma's Dad. Nice intro. Enjoy your adventures :thumb