Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Introduction.

G

Guy windsurfer+MTB

Vehicle
Looking to buy
I'm a windsurfer and mountainbiker.

I don't own a California (yet).

But I'm interested if I could store all my windsurf and mountainbike gear inside the California.

This will be my first question.

May l be the first just to welcome you, and leave others to answer your questions.

Beach would be favourite with upper bed only used to sleep on..
Gear could be kept inside, not sure about board/mast.

Welcome. We are mtb riders. We have an ocean. Can get a medium mtb in boot space but it needs to be in at an angle. If you were to take both wheels off, no problem. Ended up getting a bike rack for 2 bikes. Hope this helps your decision making easier.

If you choose a two-seat bench Beach you could store some material inside taking off the side shelf.IMG_6107.JPG

IMG_6108.JPG

Agreed, the 2 seat Beach is definitely better for stowing Windsurf gear. My foil board goes nicely on its edge on top of the storage box with a couple of sails and the boom without interfering with the bench. Masts can lie on the floor if you remove the little panel at the base of the seat.
Enrico must have some sort of custom rear shelf. It's a solid one-piece shelf on my 2017 Beach

My custom shelf has the same height of the seat surface (a few centimeters higher than the original fixed shelf). I added an Ocean sized mattress on.