iPad and Forum

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I have updated my iPad to the latest version , 9.02' and I have noted that frequently Safari on the iPad is reloading Forum pages with an error message " There is a fault on the page. Safari is reloading the page".
Now I don't have this problem on my iMac using Safari.

I also do not have this problem on other websites when using the iPad. So no re-loading of pages on the T5 forum, Amazon, eBay and many other sites ONLY this forum.

This isn't a complaint just some information.

I have updated my iPad to the latest version , 9.02' and I have noted that frequently Safari on the iPad is reloading Forum pages with an error message " There is a fault on the page. Safari is reloading the page".

I also do not have this problem on other websites when using the iPad. So no re-loading of pages on the T5 forum, Amazon, eBay and many other sites ONLY this forum.
Mine is the same.

Ah. It isn't just me then. :thumb

This isn't a complaint just some information.
Don't know which IPAD you have but I have an IPAD 2 which is still running on 7.1.2 When I updated to 8 it had similar issues and after much research I managed to roll it back and it now works fine. Lots of stuff on the internet on the subject. It is not necessarily just the oldest IPAD's

iPad 2, but the problems seem to be restricted to this Forum out of all the sites I use regularly. No problem on the T4/T5 forum, so I don't think it is related to the model of iPad but more something in the page coding that IOS 9.02 doesn't like. Something not found on other sites.

I use Tapatalk when on my iPad, it is a much better user experience , however I will report this to our tech.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am trying to replicate this error on my iPad 2, can you give me an example please of a page that will not load?

iPad 2, but the problems seem to be restricted to this Forum out of all the sites I use regularly. No problem on the T4/T5 forum, so I don't think it is related to the model of iPad but more something in the page coding that IOS 9.02 doesn't like. Something not found on other sites.
Very interesting not looked at this issue for ages. IOS8 had some big issues which is why they provided a roll back. From what I read now it appears they may have sorted it and IOS9 may even be better. Bit afraid to try though as I would hate to have to roll back again as it was a pain. Good luck with your problem.

I have seen this error many times on various sites. In most cases it is related to JavaScript and how safari on the iPad handles it. To be sure I would suggest turning off JavaScript in settings -> safari and trying again. If it stops the problem, great, but unfortunately many sites nowadays use JavaScript a lot and historically Apple doesn't like it.
I must add that iOS 8.0 had a lot of problems with JavaScript but they improved it with 8.3 and 8.4 and I have not heard of many problems since. I really hope it's not back, because it's really annoying and the best workaround I found at the time was to use the Chrome browser instead of safari.
I agree that Tapatalk is great for reading forums like this, although the UI is a bit confusing until you get used to it!

Thanks, I will get this passed to Adam our techie ..

All seems to be back to normal .

I have been trying to replicate the error this evening using Safari but was not able to, anyone else still getting errors?

It does seem to have improved.:thumb