Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Viewing Forum on an iPad

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We realise there is a slight problem viewing the forum on the iPad at the moment and we are trying to get this fixed, I have also tried several other iPad browsers all resulting in the same error where the forum page reduces in size slightly and moves to the left.

I have tested the forum with Android tablets and it appears to be fine but any feedback would be much appreciated.

In the interim you can use Tapatalk for iPad which is a feature rich application which works very well ( better than viewing the forum via a browser infact ) : http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...XTY1tUn4NWTU9gEzQ&sig2=819bKJH4jNc1qVeNx7EjVA

It is advisable to go for the standard iPad version as the HD version is still very new and has quite alot of bugs.

As soon as we have more information we will let you know.

Hi Martin,
Mine does that, I just thought that ws the design! (idiot!).

However, for me it is better on the iPad than the windows laptop because the laptop forum leaves out the box to click to post replies..... all you can do is just read it.

Hi David,

I thought exactly the same thing when the site when live but the 'reply to post' button has changed colour and is in the bottom left in a grey rectangle, this again is something we are aware of and we plan to make it stand out more ..

If you still can't see it please let me know.

Thanks

Martin

Hi Martin,
A belated reply to yours of 26 March (sorry about that).
I'm using Safari to look at the Forum today and the 'post a reply' box is there, no problem. I haven't checked recently using internet explorer, I just use the iPad so I'll have a look.

David

Thanks David, we are still trying to get this iPad issue resolved but it is very difficult to fix, I have recently gone over to using the new version of Tapatalk when on my iPad and also my phone as is vastly improved over older versions.

Martin,
What is Tapatalk?
Where can it be found?

David

DavidofHook said:
What is Tapatalk? Where can it be found?

Hi, David

It's an iPhone/iPad app, so search in the App Store on your iPad for Tapatalk Forum App. As Martin says, go for the non-HD version (which works on both iPad and iPhone).

It's well worth its £1.99 cost, as it makes it much easier to read, post, and upload pictures.

Best wishes,
Steve

Anyone viewing the forum on an iPad ( in Safari ) can you please tell me if the problem has been resolved as Kev has just bought this to my attention that the problem seems to have been fixed? It all seems OK on my iPad too

Hi Martin,
Guess what, it has suddenly sort of got itself right. Normal reading of the Forum has suddenly become full size but.............. sadly, as soon as started to type this the width has reduced down again to about two thirds of the screen grrrrrrrr!
I'll send this and see what happens when I return to the Forum. Please assume that it is ok if I don't get back to you.
Oh! oh! It's gone to full size.... Brill eh. And stayed there too!

This is much easier to read !

David

:lol: Thanks for the live updates David, keep me posted if it goes haywire again

Sorry Martin,
It has reverted back to 'small ' when typing anything for submission!

David

Mine is ok now. Seems to get the gap at the right side then when the page loads fully it puts itself right.

My iPad screen has the site 'lurch' three or four times whenever you load a new page before it stabilises. It isn't a problem as such, but the number of times I open the wrong thread when I am being quick / impatient is getting a tad wearing.

I still love my Pad though.
Luke

I use Tapatalk all the time now on the iPad, they keeping doing updates so it is improving all the time.

Skywalker said:
My iPad screen has the site 'lurch' three or four times whenever you load a new page before it stabilises. It isn't a problem as such, but the number of times I open the wrong thread when I am being quick / impatient is getting a tad wearing.

I still love my Pad though.
Luke

I get exactly the same on my 4s.

Back