Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Irish registerd Cali - sell in to the UK?

B

Barry O'Brien

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hi, I have an Irish registered California Coast (registered in November 2016 new). I'm thinking of selling it next year once it's 3 years old. I'm wondering is it worthwhile to advertise it in the UK for sale? What would be involved for a UK based person to buy a Cali from Ireland and register it in the UK - are there extra import/duty costs that would need to be paid on top of the purchase price.
Thanks for your advice

Hi, I have an Irish registered California Coast (registered in November 2016 new). I'm thinking of selling it next year once it's 3 years old. I'm wondering is it worthwhile to advertise it in the UK for sale? What would be involved for a UK based person to buy a Cali from Ireland and register it in the UK - are there extra import/duty costs that would need to be paid on top of the purchase price.
Thanks for your advice

There's no VRT to pay, or equivalent. However, I did consider purchasing a new Coast (I live in Northern Ireland) and the problem was getting it insured in the UK, as the "computer said no" as it didn't recognise the variant. They only had Beach & Ocean in their drop-down menus. :headbang

I needed some business cover, so my options were limited due to that also and this I gave up in the end and went for a Beach (and pimped it out a bit.)

Thanks for the helpful advice Jonathan. The other thing probably that might cause a problem is that my Speedo is in Km/h only. Not sure if this would be an issue with registering it.

Back