Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is there two different heights for multi Flex board

Gary&Heather

Gary&Heather

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
Hi
Could somebody tell me if there is a height difference between a two seater bench and a three seater bench for a multi-Flex bored I'm sure I have read somewhere that there is a difference in height when a three seater bench is made up.

Thanks in advance :thumb

hi gary i believe thats right there is a height difference

I have ordered the 2 seat bench version because its being a lower bed and lower flex board so you can still sit up in it when it's a bed as you cannot do that with a 3 seater, but of course i will only have two seats so swings and roundabouts :)

I have ordered the 2 seat bench version because its being a lower bed and lower flex board so you can still sit up in it when it's a bed as you cannot do that with a 3 seater, but of course i will only have two seats so swings and roundabouts :)

Not being able to sit on the lower bed with the upstairs bed down does annoy me slightly and is not something I’ve seen mentioned too often when comparing 3 and 2 seat bench versions of the Beach. Combined with how unuseable the 3 seat bench is as a bed without a mattress it’s certainly a poor design by VW.

Not being able to sit on the lower bed with the upstairs bed down does annoy me slightly and is not something I’ve seen mentioned too often when comparing 3 and 2 seat bench versions of the Beach. Combined with how unuseable the 3 seat bench is as a bed without a mattress it’s certainly a poor design by VW.
I warched a good video and they summed it up as ;
3 seater bench is a day van 1st and a camper van 2nd and a 2 seater is a campervan 1st and a day van 2nd. When roof up, doesnt matter really

It's always swings and roundabouts with any vehicle all down to one thing the person or persons using it..:thumb

One thing worth mentioning is that some owners have reported that the Multiflex board on the two seater Beach is niether multi anything or flexible. They've also mentioned that being lower it restricts what can go beneath it more so than the three seater Beach Multiflex, e.g fridge. So what you gain in head room with the two seater, you loose in storage flexibility under the Multiflex.

we have the 2 seater beach and with some clever packing I have managed to get the following under the flexi board - 1* collapsable kitchen table unit - 1 * windbreak, 1 portapotti, 2 levelling ramps, 2 gas burners, 2 plastic storage boxes (low height) - 1 * larger plastic storage box - that is everything we need to setup camp, leaving the side storage box empty and the under seat storage unit for cables, emergency items etc..... just took a bit of playing around with the space available.....

Follow our journey at https://www.instagram.com/vw_campervan_vagabond/

Back