Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Iso Top Fitting Question

RosscoPCole74

RosscoPCole74

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I have an Iso Top arriving soon and believe you need to leave the velcro to cure/dry for 24 hours after you fit it before you attach the lining. I use my Cali as my daily driver, can I put the pop top down during this time?

I have an Iso Top arriving soon and believe you need to leave the velcro to cure/dry for 24 hours after you fit it before you attach the lining. I use my Cali as my daily driver, can I put the pop top down during this time?
Yes, When I fitted my Iso top, I put my roof down after applying the Velcro to cure/dry for 24 hours. I fitted the lining the next day and it’s great. Really happy with it.

Yes, When I fitted my Iso top, I put my roof down after applying the Velcro to cure/dry for 24 hours. I fitted the lining the next day and it’s great. Really happy with it.
Thanks. I don't fancy walking miles on Saturday!
Its worth getting one of these, helps get rid of air bubbles to ensure proper adhesion:

They also sell at Halfords / Amazon.
Great idea. I have one lurking in the toolbox somewhere.

Can anyone please teel me if you can buy new velcro separate because my is loose on some places.
Thank you

Depends on the type of isotop seemingly. I was looking at a type VI and the kits were something like £67 inc postage.

I bought mine second hand & it came with most of the fitting kit. I only needed a strip of 10mm 'loop side' for around the rim of the roof (I got 10m and had spare left over) and a couple of metres of 20mm wide 'loop' for the back.

You can also buy the cleaning and 'adhesion promoter' wipes for next to nothing via eBay.

Back