Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ISO-TOP MK VI for electro hydraulic roof

Herb

Herb

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
How many plus points for this vs the faff of having to open the front before lowering the roof?

I tend to sleep downstairs with dog and just have the roof up for sense of space. I haven't spent the night in it during cold, wet weather mind you so this Autumn I wondered about investing in one of these. Are they worth it and given my general laziness (hence the decision to go with the electric roof opening) is it just going to be an annoyance which might not justify the benefit. I know you can just leave it fixed on the inside of the roof (good) but then every time you close it the front has to be opened (stuff to do - bad).

Any thoughts?

How many plus points for this vs the faff of having to open the front before lowering the roof?

I tend to sleep downstairs with dog and just have the roof up for sense of space. I haven't spent the night in it during cold, wet weather mind you so this Autumn I wondered about investing in one of these. Are they worth it and given my general laziness (hence the decision to go with the electric roof opening) is it just going to be an annoyance which might not justify the benefit. I know you can just leave it fixed on the inside of the roof (good) but then every time you close it the front has to be opened (stuff to do - bad).

Any thoughts?
It takes about 2 seconds to drop 2 zips.
If you take the front panel off, you don't have to put it back on every time you put the roof up. Just put it back on if its getting cold etc.

Thanks for that - good idea. So is it really worth having on? I mean if it’s just for extra warmth wouldn’t the heater do that job?

Back