Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Isotop 04S Bellows

JuanVecino2023

JuanVecino2023

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Does anyone have experience of using an Isotop with the later double skinned bellows?

I read a thread that suggested due to the extra bellows material, there may not be room for an isotop as well with the roof down.

My other question is as to whether it’s needed with the 04S or does the double skin do enough to insulate & suppress light.

I have the isofix and there is no problem at all putting the roof down. You just need to remember to unzip the front panel so it doesn’t put strain on the Velcro. It does block out the light. It’s mainly used to keep the warm in in winter and the heat out in summer.

We personally really struggle to close the hatch with the double-skinned bellows, in fact we've stopped bothering to struggle with it and leave the bellows slightly draping down as it doesn't bother us (maybe helps that we're both on the short side so it isn't touching our heads when we're sat in the front seats). On that basis, I wouldn't want to add an extra layer.

We personally really struggle to close the hatch with the double-skinned bellows, in fact we've stopped bothering to struggle with it and leave the bellows slightly draping down as it doesn't bother us (maybe helps that we're both on the short side so it isn't touching our heads when we're sat in the front seats). On that basis, I wouldn't want to add an extra layer.
This is why I was asking - can just about wrestle the hatch shut as is!

Surprised people having trouble with the hatch. We don’t have any issues closing it with our 04S.

in General when lowering the roof I found that if I stopped it 3/4 of the way closed and smoothed out the bellows left and right it’s so much easier to close the hatch. Bit of silicon spray on the runners really helps as well.

Back