Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

It feels like a journey...

zinglefiffy

zinglefiffy

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
...and we havn't even bought a vehicle yet...

So, hello all.

We're a family of five, doing the usual 'cram-it-all-in' Krypton Factor Challenge with our not-quite-big-enough family car. I'm here because my clutch expired four months ago. We ended up renting a T6 Kombi for the week, and a Seat Alhambra for another week after. As it turns out, the perfect chance to compare the two, and a seed was sown - and I don't think this is an Alhambra Addicts forum is it ;)

Welcome allong!

...and we havn't even bought a vehicle yet...

So, hello all.

We're a family of five, doing the usual 'cram-it-all-in' Krypton Factor Challenge with our not-quite-big-enough family car. I'm here because my clutch expired four months ago. We ended up renting a T6 Kombi for the week, and a Seat Alhambra for another week after. As it turns out, the perfect chance to compare the two, and a seed was sown - and I don't think this is an Alhambra Addicts forum is it ;)
No, you want the T6 Kombi forum mate.

No, you want the T6 Kombi forum mate.

Already passed through there and arrived here. I was trying to keep my first post not too waffly (I'm accused of this by the wife a lot) so decided not to detail the various stages we've been through to arrive at the point where we're looking for a Cali Beach. Suffice to say, we've had the base+conversion stage well and truly milked. We went to a dealer recently, saw a 7 seater Beach, and realised it ticked all the boxes we'd been trying to achieve with a conversion.

Already passed through there and arrived here. I was trying to keep my first post not too waffly (I'm accused of this by the wife a lot) so decided not to detail the various stages we've been through to arrive at the point where we're looking for a Cali Beach. Suffice to say, we've had the base+conversion stage well and truly milked. We went to a dealer recently, saw a 7 seater Beach, and realised it ticked all the boxes we'd been trying to achieve with a conversion.
Wonderful choice, go for one sooner rather than later if you can.

Wonderful choice, go for one sooner rather than later if you can.
We have a quote already, for an in-stock Beach. We're trying not to jump the gun and were toying with applying the same spec to the configurator and changing the colours etc, but obviously that would then create a new order right at the back of the queue. Sounds like you'd avoid that, are prices expected to rise soon? There's a good dealer contribution to the deposit, but I think that only lasts for this quarter from what I can gather?

Thanks to everyone on the site by the way - I've learnt a lot already just from lurking and we're looking forwards to our adventures with our new shiny shiny when it eventually materialises :thumb

:welcome Did exactly the same ended up with a beach....:thumb Had three California SE's previously but love the beach more practical for us at the moment.

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your purchase

The clock is ticking. Don’t wait too long to start your journey. Welcome!

I managed to stay calm before we ordered just in case 'the computer says no', but now we're over that hurdle I find myself getting increasingly giddy. Bit ridiculous for 'just a van' lol

Welcome from a newbie and also from Lancashire. We’ve had our Ocean 3 weeks now.

Thanks for the welcome.
I saw your new van thread while I've been mostly lurking - it's a beauty.
How do you find life with it so far?
Mine will be my daily driver too - I'm a stay at home day and its main job will be the school run, kid taxi, and associated errands...

Our van arrived early, we were orginally told early March. I drive it everyday to work, love it.
As yet we have only had day trips due to other commitments. We are doing our first weekend away early March.
Where did you order your Beach from?

Our van arrived early, we were orginally told early March. I drive it everyday to work, love it.
As yet we have only had day trips due to other commitments. We are doing our first weekend away early March.
Hi
Out of interest when did you Oder ? Just trying to guess delivery times.
Thank In advance

Gvick, we ordered on 16th October and Est delivery date given was w/c 11th March. We collected on 26th January.

We ordered from Preston, has been a faultless, enjoyable experience so far.
We've officially been told early June for a collection date, but to not be surprised if it arrives sooner than that.

26th Jan...You probably had it just in time for that cold snap then? how did you find the cali handled on the Lancashire roads (not that they're any different from others) compared to your previous vehicles? I live rural-ish on high ground, we can be snowed in at the same time as the closest towns are clear. Had a chat with an AA driver who reckoned the T6 copes very well with icy roads, which is encouraging.

Yes we had the snow and similar to you, we live high up and have to come down a very steep hill. So for a few days I walked down to the main road and got a lift into work.

Back