Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

It Took A While....But Here We Are....!!

istu

istu

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Joined this forum back in mid December, bought our Cali on Xmas Eve as a Christmas present to ourselves, promptly SORN'ed her for three months whilst we were overseas, back at Easter and straight into full camper van mode!
Been away every week since and enjoying the experience so much. Went to see what's what at Slimbridge and we're off to Camperjam as well...
Grandkids love her too!
We were Mazda Bongo addicts for years but this raises the bar to a whole new level...that cunning German engineering - storing chairs in the boot, that table inside the door, oodles of storage....excellent!
I've become an avid reader of the weekly topics, learnt so much, particularly the roof corrosion issue, for us, no reported problem from dealership. MOT'd her early just in case anything was found and could be covered by warranty.
She's a plain vanilla Cali at the moment but we are slowly buying this and that for her....its SO easy to spend SO much, isn't it?
Cheers all!
Stu n Sue

Here's us near Portmeirion last week....

Welcome allong!

:welcomeLooks a beauty and yes you are right you could spend and spend and spend :thumb

Welcome. Good to see you enjoying your van, Cali’s are the best, but I still love a Bongo.

A big welcome and we all look forward to the stories of your travels, with pics of course!

Hi - we are recent Cali owners too - although ours is a 10 year old SE! Moved up from a Bongo as you did - less character in our SE (at the moment) but far, far, far superior. Totally agree that the ‘list’ looks painful .... Met with Kev today (an administrator) and just as with the forum in general he was incredibly patient and helpful. Hope to bump in to you some time. Jose and Wendy

Joined this forum back in mid December, bought our Cali on Xmas Eve as a Christmas present to ourselves, promptly SORN'ed her for three months whilst we were overseas, back at Easter and straight into full camper van mode!
Been away every week since and enjoying the experience so much. Went to see what's what at Slimbridge and we're off to Camperjam as well...
Grandkids love her too!
We were Mazda Bongo addicts for years but this raises the bar to a whole new level...that cunning German engineering - storing chairs in the boot, that table inside the door, oodles of storage....excellent!
I've become an avid reader of the weekly topics, learnt so much, particularly the roof corrosion issue, for us, no reported problem from dealership. MOT'd her early just in case anything was found and could be covered by warranty.
She's a plain vanilla Cali at the moment but we are slowly buying this and that for her....its SO easy to spend SO much, isn't it?
Cheers all!
Stu n Sue

Here's us near Portmeirion last week....
View attachment 45854
I had a Bongo owner go over our Cali last week, he was very interested, the roof bed and swivel front seats had him drooling, we should get a commission for all this free sales advice.

Back