Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I've bought a Cali Ocean - Oh no you haven't

S

Sealey

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all, I Became a member recently as we had decided to finally take the plunge and purchase a Cali Ocean. We had looked at conversions and second hand but given the current issues with DVLA and the discounts currently available on new T6's decided that may be the way to go, so I have been trawling the internet, gaining information on discounts available and deciding on spec. Armed with all my knowledge I visited my local dealer and did a deal on the model on display in the showroom - a 199 dsg with a very decent spec and at a great discount. I placed a deposit and was sent confirmation of order etc.

However the next day I received a phone call stating that there was an issue and that particular vehicle had somehow not been tested ( I presume emissions) in the factory and couldn't be sold. They stated that this vehicle would have to go back to the factory.

In all fairness to the dealer I was offered two other vehicles. One was a similar spec vehicle at the same price and one a higher spec at a higher price. This all happened at close of play on the 31st and as it all seemed a bit rushed and the fact that I wasn't totally happy with the spec of either vehicle I declined both and so I am back looking.

The dealer did state that they would do all they could to find me a suitable Cali and so I will be making an appointment to go and see them in the next week or so and fingers crossed will properly join the club before very long.

Anyway nearly pantomime season so thought the title was fitting.

Hi all, I Became a member recently as we had decided to finally take the plunge and purchase a Cali Ocean. We had looked at conversions and second hand but given the current issues with DVLA and the discounts currently available on new T6's decided that may be the way to go, so I have been trawling the internet, gaining information on discounts available and deciding on spec. Armed with all my knowledge I visited my local dealer and did a deal on the model on display in the showroom - a 199 dsg with a very decent spec and at a great discount. I placed a deposit and was sent confirmation of order etc.

However the next day I received a phone call stating that there was an issue and that particular vehicle had somehow not been tested ( I presume emissions) in the factory and couldn't be sold. They stated that this vehicle would have to go back to the factory.

In all fairness to the dealer I was offered two other vehicles. One was a similar spec vehicle at the same price and one a higher spec at a higher price. This all happened at close of play on the 31st and as it all seemed a bit rushed and the fact that I wasn't totally happy with the spec of either vehicle I declined both and so I am back looking.

The dealer did state that they would do all they could to find me a suitable Cali and so I will be making an appointment to go and see them in the next week or so and fingers crossed will properly join the club before very long.

Good luck on the hunt for another Ocean

Oh yes you will - hopefully soon!

Good luck and when you do find ensure you post some pics on this thread :)

I’m sure your find one there’s plenty out there good luck

Finally got the deed done and we have got ourselves a 2019 Ocean 150 dsg in Iridium grey with sportline alloys. I will post some pics soon but it was advertised on the forum so I'm sure you will know the one. Really happy with it and looking forward to getting out and about.

Last edited:
Finally got the deed done and we have got ourselves a 2019 Ocean 150 dsg in Iridium grey with sportline alloys. I will post some pics soon but it was advertised on the forum so I'm sure you will know the one. Really happy with it and looking forward to getting out and about.
Great news. In my opinion, the 150 is ample power and it’s slightly more economical than the 199. What’s the spec?

Back