Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ixtend mattress

J

jonddd

Vehicle
T5 Beach
We need a mattress for our Beach. We don't need one that extends over the two extra seats.
The Comfortz mattress topper comes in two lengths for this reason. The far more expensive Ixtend mattress seems to come only in the longer length. Can anyone confirm that we would be left with an overhang if we bought the Ixtend?

We need a mattress for our Beach. We don't need one that extends over the two extra seats.
The Comfortz mattress topper comes in two lengths for this reason. The far more expensive Ixtend mattress seems to come only in the longer length. Can anyone confirm that we would be left with an overhang if we bought the Ixtend?
With the 3 seat bench Beach, yes, you get an overhang but it's not an intolerable overhang.

We shunt the multiflex forward about 5cm, and the bench seat forward about 10cm (leaving a 5cm gap between the tailgate and multiflex and a 5cm gap between the multiflex and bench seat). That deals with half the overhang.

Note that the iExtend is designed for the 2 seat bench Beach. It works on the 3 seat bench Beach but it is lumpy.

Thanks Tom, We want to put in a removable pod and so want to keep as much space between the seats as possible. The Ixtend looks good but at that price I don't want any compromise at all.
Is there a similar mattress that will exactly fit a three seat Beach?

Thanks Tom, We want to put in a removable pod and so want to keep as much space between the seats as possible. The Ixtend looks good but at that price I don't want any compromise at all.
We have also used an Ikea Talgje kingsize mattress topper. At 150 x 190cm it fits almost perfectly, but only the contoured VW Comfort mattress will smooth out the lumps and bumps of the three seat bench bed.

At £65 the Talgje is worth a punt, and we still use ours as a topper for the VW Comfort Mattress.

Vanessa do two different sizes.

Thanks, that Vanessa mattress looks the exact fit although it is a bit bulky, folded at 30cm deep. Perhaps that doesn't matter too much.
I'd consider the genuine VW mattress (if it is an exact fit used with the shorter bed) although I suppose that can only be ordered through VW. I'll give Poole Breeze a call.

Back