Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Jammed Roof Blind

K

keemjay

VIP Member
Hi Guys,

We bought our Cali a couple of months ago - really happy with it but found the roof blind a bit tricky to push back sometimes. Anyway, today it would not budge so we could not raise the roof. Is this a common problem, and does anyone have any suggestions how to free it up? Could do with some ideas please otherwise the children will be sleeping outside at COTF!

thanks

Mike & Kim

Is it fully closed or is there a little gap :?:

When the roof was slightly raised, was you able to move the bed / ceiling?

There's no easy way as far as I know just keep tugging it back and forth and hopefully eventually it will release as mine did.
If you do get it slid back you need to remove it from the roof bed completely and tap the slats back into alignment as they've probably moved causing it to snag on the runners.
Good luck.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

As above really if you can move it back and forward I will eventually go back :thumb

thanks everyone
it moves maybe 1/4 inch and then no more..
when we raised the roof we could push up the ceiling a bit but we were scared of going too far up in case of doing damage..we'll keep jiggling..but we spent a good half hour on it and didnt get anywhere :headbang
if we do free it up, whats the likelihood of it happening again? have people found its a persistant problem?
might pop it to the garage tomorrow if we cant sort it..its under warranty..maybe driving home from the beach today might have jiggled it a bit...

Mike and Kim

I only had to knock it back into shape once it's been fine ever since.
If it's really stuck then the dealer could be a good option. Better they break it than you!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

just to update..for anyone reading back on the thread in the future..we took the camper to the VW garage where we bought it (Tonbridge) Guildford is our local one but they're not overly helpful whereas Laine at Tonbridge is always happy to help..
there was something sticking up from under the roof bed which was obstructing the way..its been pinned down and now we know what the blind should have felt like right from the start..its a dream now, not a battle as it has been..hurrah!
many thanks forthe advice

Kim

Back