Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

June 2016 - Euro Championships France

CALI FATE

CALI FATE

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Thinking about a week or so wandering up and down Autoroute Soleil picking up some games / fanzones during the Euros this year - has anyone previous experience of Euros / World cups in Europe. Ive not done it before (never had the Cali before) do you just rock up and find a parking spot or will it be more organised.

Have fun , won't see me any near France that time.
Drunk hooligans , police everywhere ,busy roads /traffic jams
Football .......:headbang ....or is it "sucker":mute

Well I'm planning to go with a mate and cousin and will play it all by ear - I've been before in a car (not a Cali) and always found accommodation. Prices for campsites and hotels are hiked horrendously close to the stadium, but we always liked to get out of town or off the beaten track a little and have never been disappointed, although it's worth making sure you can bus, train, taxi in so you can enjoy the hospitality. I'd stay away from the England Supporters recommended sites as they are a bit raucous, unless you like that. Never had any trouble - seen a bit though - and its obvious that there are some places you just walk past and don't go into. Met some great friendly people from all across Europe (2000, 2004, 2005 Confed Cup) and the world (2006) and fanfests are brilliant for the atmosphere even if your team isn't playing. We've always managed to pick up tickets on the street but I think that'll be impossible this year as security will be through the roof - still worth going. The overnights getting there & back in obscure little towns and villages meeting the locals is just great. All good fun, we just needed to exercise some vigilance and common sense to stay safe.

Well I'm planning to go with a mate and cousin and will play it all by ear - I've been before in a car (not a Cali) and always found accommodation. Prices for campsites and hotels are hiked horrendously close to the stadium, but we always liked to get out of town or off the beaten track a little and have never been disappointed, although it's worth making sure you can bus, train, taxi in so you can enjoy the hospitality. I'd stay away from the England Supporters recommended sites as they are a bit raucous, unless you like that. Never had any trouble - seen a bit though - and its obvious that there are some places you just walk past and don't go into. Met some great friendly people from all across Europe (2000, 2004, 2005 Confed Cup) and the world (2006) and fanfests are brilliant for the atmosphere even if your team isn't playing. We've always managed to pick up tickets on the street but I think that'll be impossible this year as security will be through the roof - still worth going. The overnights getting there & back in obscure little towns and villages meeting the locals is just great. All good fun, we just needed to exercise some vigilance and common sense to stay safe.
Btw, missed 2008 as went to the US on hols, and wasn't going to risk Ukraine/Poland 2012 as I simply didn't expect much from the venues, transport, hotels etc. Def won't be going to Russia in 18.

Going to make the first week. Quite a trek from up north but a cali makes it a pleasure