Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Just bought Cali Ocean 150

S

SilverCastle

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi just bought a Cali Ocean 150 T6.1 which in retrospect not a sensible time but hey... Any tips on what to watch out for when storing over these winter months. If you plug in to the mains will it trickle feed the starter battery as well as the leisure batteries?

Welcome. The t6 trickle charges the engine battery on hook up. You could test it out with a multimeter when plugged in check your engine battery voltage rises a bit. Most people plug in every month for 24 hours or if possible just leave them plugged in. Suppose it depends where your parked. Keep the water tank empty and drain the tap. Leave the hand brake off. Go for a drive every now and then. Other than that it should be good to live out in the cold no problem.

Thanks Really helpful. I had thought i would need a CTEK charger so good news i don’T As its undercover i can leave on charge.24/7.

You need to let the batteries run down a bit too, wouldn't leave plugged in 24/7.

Have a look at the search function above, lots of useful advice already on here :thumb

Just getting used to this forum. It is a gold mine for information. Everyone seems so helpful.
:welcome I think you will find the forum more useful than many dealers (sadly). And the advice could also save you a lot of expense at the dealers too. Happy searching and reading, and if you can’t find what you are looking for post a question and someone will be along to help, for sure.

Back