Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Just Starting out

Welcome to the mad house

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all, what a great site.
I have recently returned to the UK after living and working overseas for 20+ years.
Looking to get a Cali Ocean for touring Uk and Europe.

Best
S
Welcome .
You will enjoy it.
Check out the Dealer Reviews before you place your order and the T6 threads regarding discounts etc: for recommendations. Unfortunately the California is sold by VW Commercials and some Dealerships just don't get it. Get a good Dealer and everything is fine.:thumb

Welcome .
You will enjoy it.
Check out the Dealer Reviews before you place your order and the T6 threads regarding discounts etc: for recommendations. Unfortunately the California is sold by VW Commercials and some Dealerships just don't get it. Get a good Dealer and everything is fine.:thumb
Thanks for the advice Welsh Gas, i will be scouring the forum for advice. I am planning on a visit to the VW commercial vehicle center in Liverpool in the near future for a good look around.

s

Hi there was a post on here recently about VW Liverpool and it was not a positive one. By all means give them a visit and get a feeling of how they conduct themselves. Type in "VW Liverpool" in the search box.
You are not too far away from a trip to Preston VW where you can speak to the California salesmen by the name of Guy. He has a very positive reputation from just about everyone on here, myself included. He knows the California inside out.

Hi all, what a great site.
I have recently returned to the UK after living and working overseas for 20+ years.
Looking to get a Cali Ocean for touring Uk and Europe.

Best
S
Welcome Steve. Good luck with the Cali search. You'll find plenty of help and advice on here. Any queries, ask away :)

Hi there was a post on here recently about VW Liverpool and it was not a positive one. By all means give them a visit and get a feeling of how they conduct themselves. Type in "VW Liverpool" in the search box.
You are not too far away from a trip to Preston VW where you can speak to the California salesmen by the name of Guy. He has a very positive reputation from just about everyone on here, myself included. He knows the California inside out.
Thanks for the advice Cal Dan

Hi and welcome.

Prior to the post referred to above, I also had heard negative comments about VW Liverpool, particularly on the after sales and servicing side which for me is the most important. I have also heard of other VW dealers having to rectify problems created or not sorted by Liverpool.
This is not from my personal experience and I heard this 12 months ago so may be considered unfair.
I would be more inclined to use Preston VW not much further away.

Prior to the post referred to above, I also had heard negative comments about VW Liverpool, particularly on the after sales and servicing side which for me is the most important. I have also heard of other VW dealers having to rectify problems created or not sorted by Liverpool.
This is not from my personal experience and I heard this 12 months ago so may be considered unfair.
I would be more inclined to use Preston VW not much further away.
thanks for the info Dan

Welcome to the site. There is no better place in the universe to learn all about the Cali. We all pick up new tips and tricks on a daily basis. Very friendly and everybody is incredibly keen to help :)

Welcome to the site. There is no better place in the universe to learn all about the Cali. We all pick up new tips and tricks on a daily basis. Very friendly and everybody is incredibly keen to help :)
Thanks theonecraw, i am enjoying schmoozing around the site at the moment(although to be honest i haven't got out the beginners section yet)

Hi and welcome! Have fun scrolling up and down this fab board with loads of intel! helped and help me a lot! In any kind of situation!

Hi Steve.

I have just picked up my California last week from VW Liverpool and I have to say I had great service. When I went in to order my Cali I had every thing explained very well and I was kept up to speed on my order. The handover was excellent with everything being in order. So all I can say is I had no problems. But where ever you buy from good luck. As you will find out the speed of your order coming through is very spec dependant. If some of the options are not in stock at the factory it can delay your order significantly.

What engine and gearbox are you thinking of?
What colour?
Have fun....

Hi Steve.

I have just picked up my California last week from VW Liverpool and I have to say I had great service. When I went in to order my Cali I had every thing explained very well and I was kept up to speed on my order. The handover was excellent with everything being in order. So all I can say is I had no problems. But where ever you buy from good luck. As you will find out the speed of your order coming through is very spec dependant. If some of the options are not in stock at the factory it can delay your order significantly.

What engine and gearbox are you thinking of?
What colour?
Have fun....
Hi Days Out thanks for that. Congratulations on getting your new California you must be excited.
I am looking at an Ocean DSG in Mojave Beige... Beige? i know but it looks beautiful unlike any beige i have ever seen. Maybe someone needs to have a chat with VW as Mojave sand, or shimmer or similar would be more accurate. I am traveling at the moment but plan on heading into look more closely soon.
I guess the easy part is the sale with regards to the dealership as you only really find out what they are like if and when there are issues. Still it is good to hear that you have had a good experience.
I think that is one of the benefits of such a cool site as this, seeing the experiences that buyers have had.
Good luck with your Cali and i look forward to seeing some pics...
s

Hi Days Out thanks for that. Congratulations on getting your new California you must be excited.
I am looking at an Ocean DSG in Mojave Beige... Beige? i know but it looks beautiful unlike any beige i have ever seen. Maybe someone needs to have a chat with VW as Mojave sand, or shimmer or similar would be more accurate. I am traveling at the moment but plan on heading into look more closely soon.
I guess the easy part is the sale with regards to the dealership as you only really find out what they are like if and when there are issues. Still it is good to hear that you have had a good experience.
I think that is one of the benefits of such a cool site as this, seeing the experiences that buyers have had.
Good luck with your Cali and i look forward to seeing some pics...
s
Was at my dealers yesterday and they have an Ocean 4 motion with all the bells and whistles in the beige as demo.
It looked very good, still sticking with my indium grey but would be quite happy with the colour. Your right on the name though same conclusion reached on here when they brought it out. It's sold by the way. Sorry didn't take any pics.

Mike

Was at my dealers yesterday and they have an Ocean 4 motion with all the bells and whistles in the beige as demo.
It looked very good, still sticking with my indium grey but would be quite happy with the colour. Your right on the name though same conclusion reached on here when they brought it out. It's sold by the way. Sorry didn't take any pics.

Mike
Thanks Mike the Indium Grey looks stunning as well, i may be biased but i have not spotted a single one i haven't liked so far...