Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Just took delivery of our new Coast and it's great

M

marki_b

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi everyone, we just picked up our new Coast last week from Guy Vincent at VW Vans Lancashire, and we're very happy with it. Top service from Guy by the way. We added Indium Grey paint, panoramic roof bellows, heated seats, dark glass, 17" Davenport wheels with all-weather tyres, mattress topper, and the electric sliding door. Very impressed with the electric door, it's great. Manual roof is tough to close, requires some effort, but I'm sure it will get easier. Perhaps we're doing something wrong but we're following the instructions and have watched Youtube tips a few times. Really liking the Android Auto interface as well, works great with Google Maps. We're off on our first trip away in our own van to Northumberland this weekend. We've hired T6 Oceans before and our Coast feels even better than the previous Ocean. So good to finally have our own Cali.
Mark

Hi everyone, we just picked up our new Coast last week from Guy Vincent at VW Vans Lancashire, and we're very happy with it. Top service from Guy by the way. We added Indium Grey paint, panoramic roof bellows, heated seats, dark glass, 17" Davenport wheels with all-weather tyres, mattress topper, and the electric sliding door. Very impressed with the electric door, it's great. Manual roof is tough to close, requires some effort, but I'm sure it will get easier. Perhaps we're doing something wrong but we're following the instructions and have watched Youtube tips a few times. Really liking the Android Auto interface as well, works great with Google Maps. We're off on our first trip away in our own van to Northumberland this weekend. We've hired T6 Oceans before and our Coast feels even better than the previous Ocean. So good to finally have our own Cali.
Mark
Better having a tough to close roof than an automatic one that jams ........

Mark
Roof does take effort, initially we struggled with it but the more you do it the easier it becomes. Enjoy Northumberland it’s an area we love.

Pics attached of our van on it's journey home from Preston VW last week. Took the scenic route back to Newcastle via Weardale and Teesdale. Recommend the drive from Brough (Cumbria) to Stanhope (Weardale) via Middleton (Teesdale) if you're ever in the area. It's a stunning road, even in a van.

P1000619 (2).JPG

P1000624 (2).JPG

Better having a tough to close roof than an automatic one that jams ........
Indeed, one of the reasons we bought the Coast was due to an Ocean roof getting stuck on a freezing cold day in the Cairngorms last winter. Got it closed eventually but it was a lesson.

Mark
How exciting - looks fab - re the roof did you remember to have a door or window open at same time as closing? When I test drove a Coast I did try the roof as knew Id be on my own sometimes & yes they are stiff but think as somebody has said they get better with time - enjoy your adventures

Great looking van. Nice to see it on Davenports, still the best wheels IMO
Yes I like those too for my retro vibe van!
Forgot to comment about your number plate - that was a lucky choice!

How exciting - looks fab - re the roof did you remember to have a door or window open at same time as closing? When I test drove a Coast I did try the roof as knew Id be on my own sometimes & yes they are stiff but think as somebody has said they get better with time - enjoy your adventures

Yes, side door open when closing the roof. Its the catches and sheer force needed to pull down the roof enough to close them that's the problem. Canvas not in the way of the catches either. More practice needed at the weekend.

Mark

Welcome. Great looking Cali and I can see why you are so pleased with it.
Nice to see a positive review of the electric door too as it gets a bit of flack on here :confused:

Yes I like those too for my retro vibe van!
Forgot to comment about your number plate - that was a lucky choice!

Ha, wish it had been luck. Needed DVLA Select and a fee to get that one. Worth it though. Pity they haven't released any VW70... numbers yet.

Yes, side door open when closing the roof. Its the catches and sheer force needed to pull down the roof enough to close them that's the problem. Canvas not in the way of the catches either. More practice needed at the weekend.
Yes the catches are stiff but I think as with them & the whole roof pull it should loosen up with time & practice - Im glad I tried it at the test drive because it does require some effort & strength - I didnt opt for the electric door but went more for camping comfort!

Ha, wish it had been luck. Needed DVLA Select and a fee to get that one. Worth it though. Pity they haven't released any VW70... numbers yet.
Oh I didnt know you get to select a plate! so naive in vehicle purchasing! So how do I do that & when will VW70 numbers be released?

Pics attached of our van on it's journey home from Preston VW last week. Took the scenic route back to Newcastle via Weardale and Teesdale. Recommend the drive from Brough (Cumbria) to Stanhope (Weardale) via Middleton (Teesdale) if you're ever in the area. It's a stunning road, even in a van.

whatya mean 'even in a van'? ;)

Amazing, a lovely van, wishing you many happy times in it, you must be one of the very first owners of a Coast in the UK :)

What's this about choosing your own reg ? Has anyone got any info on this ?

Amazing, a lovely van, wishing you many happy times in it, you must be one of the very first owners of a Coast in the UK :)

What's this about choosing your own reg ? Has anyone got any info on this ?
The dealer is allocated a group of numbers, ask the dealer if you can choose from their available numbers, they simply register the vehicle with your chosen number plate ( from their availability )

The dealer is allocated a group of numbers, ask the dealer if you can choose from their available numbers, they simply register the vehicle with your chosen number plate ( from their availability )
Thank you

...Which will be limited, and the letters will depend on where the dealer is located. £399 and up gets you a VWxxXYZ type plate from DVLA Select as @marki_b says.

ps it’s easy to sort out - buy online and once the ‘certificate of entitlement’ arrives in the post either give it to your dealer prior to first registration or do it (again online) once you have your Cali. In the latter case you’ll have to have plates made up at your own expense (£50-ish?) from Halfords etc.

...Which will be limited, and the letters will depend on where the dealer is located. £399 and up gets you a VWxxXYZ type plate from DVLA Select as @marki_b says.

ps it’s easy to sort out - buy online and once the ‘certificate of entitlement’ arrives in the post either give it to your dealer prior to first registration or do it (again online) once you have your Cali. In the latter case you’ll have to have plates made up at your own expense (£50-ish?) from Halfords etc.
Thanks for the info

Back