Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kampa Geyser set up with VW Cali rear shower?

Virg

Virg

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Just browsing
Hi
has anyone set up the Kampa Geyser by connecting it to the rear Cali shower? How did it perform and do you have any pics/tips. Thanks!

I don't think you can connect it to the rear shower. You would need to connect the rear shower output valve to the kampa inlet and then connect the cali shower to the kampa output. Assuming the fittings are different. Also then you would have to run the cali water pump at the same time as the kampa geyser. The geyser is more of a stand alone unit with it's own shower head etc

You just need a waterproof sack, bucket or portable container filled with water, geyser will pump the water from this and heat it.

Drop the water pump shown in the photo into the water source.

8D279819-D4D9-489B-BA46-B1864193CAC9.png

Last edited:
I don't think you can connect it to the rear shower. You would need to connect the rear shower output valve to the kampa inlet and then connect the cali shower to the kampa output. Assuming the fittings are different. Also then you would have to run the cali water pump at the same time as the kampa geyser. The geyser is more of a stand alone unit with it's own shower head etc
Thank you. I did see some photos online which looked as though it was possible to make the connection but in many ways easier, just fill a bucket from the rear shower connector and go from there.

You just need a waterproof sack, bucket or portable container filled with water, geyser will pump the water from this and heat it.

Drop the water pump shown in the photo into the water source.

View attachment 76400

Thanks, that does look like an easier option.

Thank you. I did see some photos online which looked as though it was possible to make the connection but in many ways easier, just fill a bucket from the rear shower connector and go from there.
You might find that you use the van tank capacity quite quickly, so if you staying somewhere for a while something like the below might work (provided the pump will fit into the bag):

I hope the new kit is useful, not a white elephant....

Hi,

it is possible as the Geyser will take its input water from any source not nessessarilly from its own pump. The outlet from the van requires the van pump to be running so that is creating the pressure for the geyser. As the van QR connection is not standard it is simplest to use an original VW shower hose connected to the van. The shower head connection is standard so use that with a male/male connector which you can then connect to the geyser fitting.
overall the original problem remains I.e it is quicker to fill a bucket with water than it is to refill the vans tank with water so I see the geyser as a stand-alone item.

Hi,

it is possible as the Geyser will take its input water from any source not nessessarilly from its own pump. The outlet from the van requires the van pump to be running so that is creating the pressure for the geyser. As the van QR connection is not standard it is simplest to use an original VW shower hose connected to the van. The shower head connection is standard so use that with a male/male connector which you can then connect to the geyser fitting.
overall the original problem remains I.e it is quicker to fill a bucket with water than it is to refill the vans tank with water so I see the geyser as a stand-alone item.
Thanks, good to know. Lots of options there.

Thanks, good to know. Lots of options there.
So, I have done exactly this, it gives us the ability to use the van tank if we have to, clearly it won't last very long.

I made a link pipe, which doesn't use the pump from the kit. I connect to the Geyser directly and switch on the pump from the van shower outlet. From what i can determine the pump used in the van can run continuously, even if water is not flowing, so you can still use the shower head switch on the Geyster to save water.

After lots of research, I determined the shower outlet is basically a modified gas quick release coupling, with an extra pin on the shower end and slot in the van connection, I assume to prevent the shower head being connected to a bbq point on a caravan. So i used a quick release gas connector end and the Geyser quick release on the other, lack of pin isn't a issue on the hose end.

The pipe I used is not ideal as it is rigid, but it was all i could get with shops shut last year.

IMG_20210408_224158340 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
So, I have done exactly this, it gives us the ability to use the van tank if we have to, clearly it won't last very long.

I made a link pipe, which doesn't use the pump from the kit. I connect to the Geyser directly and switch on the pump from the van shower outlet. From what i can determine the pump used in the van can run continuously, even if water is not flowing, so you can still use the shower head switch on the Geyster to save water.

After lots of research, I determined the shower outlet is basically a modified gas quick release coupling, with an extra pin on the shower end and slot in the van connection, I assume to prevent the shower head being connected to a bbq point on a caravan. So i used a quick release gas connector end and the Geyser quick release on the other, lack of pin isn't a issue on the hose end.

The pipe I used is not ideal as it is rigid, but it was all i could get with shops shut last year.

View attachment 76412
Thanks, that looks like a good set up, I like to have options and the ability to hook up to the shower or just fill a bucket works for me. I will go and investigate hoses and connections!

You might find that you use the van tank capacity quite quickly, so if you staying somewhere for a while something like the below might work (provided the pump will fit into the bag):

Double up as a pillow!

View attachment 76412

Thanks for the photo, and although it will almost certainly be easier to fill a bucket, I like the option of using the van tank. I have the gas quick connect and that works as an outlet from the van shower connection. Ideally I would like to buy a silicon tube and a quick connect like the geyser one To connect to the water inlet. There are lots of brass push connects available (I can’t find a plastic one like the geyser one) but I am not sure what size the male water inlet connection on the geyser is And also what size of tube to buy. Did you manage to find that out?

thanks in advance!

as a general comment, I have had a trial run re-circulating very cold water in a Colapz bucket and it didn’t take long at all to get really hot. I am very imressed.