Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kenwood DNX521DAB

Topman

Topman

Vehicle
T5 Cali on order
Need a little help or am I missing something

Got the DNX52DAB fitted in my Cali and not too sure it's working correctly

1) When I connect my IPhone via the USB cable in the glove compartment it does not connect to the stereo to play music

2) When I connect my iPhone via the Media In iPhone adaptor it does nt connect to the stereo to play music

3) When I connect my iPhone via blue tooth I cannot play my song lists

4) when I connect my iPhone via blue tooth I cannot answer calls via the telephone button on the multi functional steering wheel

5) when I receive a message on my phone it doesn't give me the option to read in via the kenwood screen

Help needed please

I went through the same scenario.

The stereo will not read text messages from an iPhone. This function only works with certain phones. I have an iPhone 4 and I know this phone is not compatible.

Have you got the dedicated iPhone cable? Plugging your iPhone into the normal USB port will not work. Neither will the 3.5mm jack. You need to purchase the dedicated cable and fit it to the back of the stereo and then run it through to the glove box. I think it costs about £20 ish, and I paid VW £15 to fit it.

As soon as you fit the kenwood stereo the multi function steering wheel phone buttons are limited. The only way I found the phone to work when using the steering wheel buttons is if I went through the private call function on the van's phone menu. I only pair my phone to the stereo now not the van, and I just use the stereo to control my phone. I find it easier that way. Annoying I know. Especially when you've paid for premium Bluetooth and multi function steering wheel, but that's the way it is.

I think pairing the phone (by Bluetooth) to the stereo and the van at the same time confuses everything. I think you just have to use one or the other. This is only my uneducated opinion though.

Hope this helps.

Well at last my 521DAB is working as i wanted it :thumb

1) The VW Dealer gave me the iphone kenwood cable / and fitted .... FOC

2) Multi functional Steering with an iphone connected via blue tooth when as stated (by Mr Kenwood on here) will connect to to the stereo and to pick up and end phone calls - now working fine

3) This little gadget works perfect (as recommneded on here ) and my daughter can now stream blue tooth music from her ipod in the back

http://www.7dayshop.com/7dayshop-blueto ... c-receiver

:cool

Back