Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kenwood DNX521DAB iPhone problems - HELP!!

B

Brunochops

I have recently bought an ex demonstrator VW California 62 plate, 2012 model. It came installed with a Kenwood DNX521 DAB Nav / Media system. I have the instructions and have managed to operate all functions, minus connecting my Apple iPhone 5 to play my music.

Within the glove box is a wire with a USB port, there is also a aux socket. I have bought a genuine Kenwood cable which has a USB connector on one side and a jack on the other side. I have bought a genuine apple lighting connector.

I have updated the software which is running version v.13.

When I place the cable into the USB port and the jack into the aux socket, there is no sound. My phone shows as being connected, and also charges. the music from my iTunes account appear on the Kenwood screen, and I am able to change music, pause etc on the Kenwood.

I have no idea why the sound does not play. Does anyone else have the Kenwood Unit and a iPhone 5, and can they get this to work.

Thanks - in advance

Russ. (getting annoyed)

Thank you, I noticed this. however I have seen on other forums that people seem to have got this working. I was wanting to know if anyone had success on this site. I am waiting responses from the other forums.

Aah, himself sorted this out by doing something with the aux setup menu. He will check it out and get back with specifics... Works great with Samsung and a bog standard cable

Im pretty sure this is the same as the newer 525DAB and you have to set it up in one of the menu's. Give me a call tomorrow, Im in from 8-12:30 and i'll talk you through it. Oli

Thank you all for the help, after removing the unit I found that the jack of the ip202 lead was not plugged into the back of the unit. all wired back in and WORKS - bring on the tunes,

Thanks.

Back