Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kepler One or Club Joker question

D

Dasteknoviking

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hello all, I am tempted by some good deals on a Kepler One LWB due to massive space for my dog they offer. However there are also few Club Joker high roofs available as well here in Europe.

I have emailed, Instagram messaged and commented on posts & videos of official Westfalia dealers and the company itself and I can't get a clear answer.

What is the upper bed weight capacity on these vans?

I looked for owners manuals online as well, it seems like this information is either unavailable or guarded better than Fort Knox.

Cheers from Germany.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Hello all, I am tempted by some good deals on a Kepler One LWB due to massive space for my dog they offer. However there are also few Club Joker high roofs available as well here in Europe.

I have emailed, Instagram messaged and commented on posts & videos of official Westfalia dealers and the company itself and I can't get a clear answer.

I looked for owners manuals online as well, it seems like this information is either unavailable or guarded better than Fort Knox.

Cheers from Germany.

Here’s the info that’s in my Club Joker Handbook ….

image.jpg

Cheers from Germany.

I cannot answer your query directly, but the VW California roof bed is rated at 150 kgm, but would seem to take more, so I cannot see that the models you are interested in are going to be less than 150 kgm.

Here’s the info that’s in my Club Joker Handbook ….

View attachment 118982
Thank you so much! Looking at forums, German ones are even full of information that upon delivery they did not get a manual... And some got one in French - because that's where they are built.

Looks like the bed is going to be a limiting factor for us again and I will have to look at the 680 GC or similar.

I cannot answer your query directly, but the VW California roof bed is rated at 150 kgm, but would seem to take more, so I cannot see that the models you are interested in are going to be less than 150 kgm.
Thanks!
Yes, I have read on the forums here that people have loaded the California bed with 200-250kg with no problem as well.

I haven't tried it, and usually wife and I split the sleeping between the two beds in the Ocean. However the issue is that opening up the lower bunk leaves zero room for our big dog.

I had hoped to be able to give the dogo more room with the Kepler or Joker with us being on the top bed.

Thanks!
Yes, I have read on the forums here that people have loaded the California bed with 200-250kg with no problem as well.

I haven't tried it, and usually wife and I split the sleeping between the two beds in the Ocean. However the issue is that opening up the lower bunk leaves zero room for our big dog.

I had hoped to be able to give the dogo more room with the Kepler or Joker with us being on the top bed.

I would be careful, 200 - 250kg might be pushing your luck!

I would be careful, 200 - 250kg might be pushing your luck!
I may look at reinforcement of the bed.

Thanks again the the information, it was very helpful.

Back