Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Khyam Motordome Awnings

John

John

VIP Member
The Khyam Motordome Classic and Motordome Sleeper tend to be the most popular drive away awnings used by Cali owners.

Of late if you have been in the market for one of these awnings you would have noticed that they are out of stock with all the on-line suppliers. :headwall

Thought I would give Khyam a call to get a update and this is the situation.

Motordome Sleepers are docked and just need to be cleared through customs so should be available by the end of this week or early next week. :thumb

Motordome Classic's are a bit more difficult as they have a waiting list of 30 people and have just had some flown in but 10 boxes were damaged so this needs to be resolved with the couriers. They are organizing another batch to be flown in but the estimate for these is between 2 weeks to the end of July. :?:

Hope this helps anyone trying to get hold of one.

John

Thanks for the update John.

I was watching a used MD Sleeper that's recently finished on eBay which sold for £421 which seems crazy when they are only £449 new. Granted you can't get them at the moment but when it's that close I think I'll wait.

Can anyone clear up the different models for me??

MD Sleeper (Classic with a bedroom?)
MD Tourer
MD Classic

Stu said:
Thanks for the update John.

I was watching a used MD Sleeper that's recently finished on eBay which sold for £421 which seems crazy when they are only £449 new. Granted you can't get them at the moment but when it's that close I think I'll wait.

Can anyone clear up the different models for me??

MD Sleeper (Classic with a bedroom?)
MD Tourer
MD Classic

Thats two of us watching the same MD sleeper on eBay Stu. I too did not bother to bid as the price was crazy especially if you add on the post or courier cost.

As regards the different models as far as I can see all the Motordomes have the quick erect external pole system.

The MD Tourer is the smallest being 2.55 metres square (plus the small bit between the awning and Campervan).

The MD Classic is the original most popular Motordome being 3metres square.

Finally the MD Sleeper is, as you said, a MD Classic with a bedroom pod and inner that can sleep up to 4 people.

Finally don't go for the Plus or Excelsior as these are taller and designed more for Motorhomes.

Hope this helps.

John

Update this morning, Friday 13th July, Khyam website is showing limited stocks on the Motordome Classic and Weekend for the MD Sleeper. :thumb

John

Just got back from 4 nights wet camping in the new forest and the motordome classic once again worked a treat for me ... :)

If you are in the market for a Khyam Motordome Awning just be aware.

I have just placed a order with Somerset Camping for a Motordome Sleeper.

Stock at Khyam started at 48 this morning and already down to 39 so looks like they will be sold out again by early next week.

This explains the high eBay prices for second-hand Khyam Motordomes.

New stock not due until end of month.

John

John said:
If you are in the market for a Khyam Motordome Awning just be aware.

I have just placed a order with Somerset Camping for a Motordome Sleeper.

Stock started at 48 this morning and already down to 39 so looks like they will be sold out again by early next week.

This explains the high eBay prices for second-hand Khyam Motordomes.

New stock not due until end of month.

John

mine was a 2ndhand khyam from ebay and i did pay a fair price of £220 for it with the bedroom kador strip and figure 8 connectors . It was before the season started in 2011 and was a 2011 awning