Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kitchen cabinet sliding door issue

• Thread starter cpjb@btinternet.com
  • Start date
cpjb@btinternet.com

cpjb@btinternet.com

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi - I wondered whether anyone could help…

I was on the way to the tip this afternoon when my load cannoned into the kitchen unit. At first sight no visible damage. However, on closer inspection the right hand side door seems to have been pushed out of its top runner (which I think it must share with the LHS door?). I can't see any easy way of getting it back in - hoping the entire unit doesn't have to be dismantled :(.

Any pointers gratefully received.

Thanks.

Sorry not much help but thought there might be and worth mentioning to remind people. In the downloads section are a number of useful documents including a technical manual. It does give fixing info for the cupboard to the Cali but nothing in respect of the runners that I can see. Good Luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for looking Mike.

Best regards,

Chris

Just had quick look whilst in the van on a campsite
looks like there is a bracket held on with screws at the top corner of each door.
Guess itll be a fiddly job but doable.

Thanks Briwy - I'll take a closer look tomorrow. I saw the bracket on the LHS door, but not RHS. Bet it's sitting in the tray somewhere :(.

Just had the same problem - on the top runner is a plastic fitting attached to a small metal fitting- all appear to be riveted into position. My top runner (metal fitting) was bent when something collided with door - then the plastic snapped. I now have a free top runner (above sink) and guess I'll have to live with it as there's no way to remove the rivets. :(

This is a common problem. Seen it in many California’s where heavy load smashed in to the door. I’ve fixed it in one car. Simple to do with basic tool. Spare parts needed bought from Vw.

Back