Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lake Como

theonecraw

theonecraw

aka Rioja
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Next Wednesday my wife and I have our first euro trip in the Cali. We are heading down to Lake Como for a friends wedding. We haven't made any stop over plans other than a hotel for the weekend of the wedding. We plan to make two stopovers on route, one in France (maybe Champagne) then one in Switzerland (maybe Lucerne). Haven't really thought too much about the way home but we've got from Sunday to Wednesday morning to get back to the tunnel.

We have all the necessary kit required (high vis vests, triangle, bulbs, etc.) and we're really excited/nervous about the trip having only used the Cali in the UK, albeit almost every weekend since pick up in January.

As this is our first Euro trip (during the referendum) any tips and tricks are definitely welcome. :)

P.S. Our friends are also driving down in his California. Only difference being his has a horse for a badge.

Great little site in Vitznau above Lake Lucerne. Friendly owner, fresh bread, pool, great views, close to gondola. Wonderful.

Sounds like a great trip! - are you going to go down one way through Switzerland and then back up another?

We were really taken with the area around Lake Annecy last August - though you can't go far wrong anywhere between Como / Chamonix / Geneva though, all beautiful all year round.

Have a look at the Swiss vignette site if you'll be on their motorways - we paid cash on arrival at the border crossing: http://www.myswissalps.com/motorwayvignette

maybe Lucerne
Lucerne IMHO is the most beautiful city in Switzerland to visit. If you stop here, you really should take the time to visit it.
Haven't really thought too much about the way home but we've got from Sunday to Wednesday morning to get back to the tunnel.
If the weather is anything like it is at the moment, bring a rain jacket and stay in the south as long as possible! :headbang
We've had almost 2 weeks of constant rain and the 6 day forecast is still showing only rain! At this rate I'm thinking of fitting a propeller and floats to my Cali :D

Lake Como is one of the most beautiful places in the world.
My advice would be to stay there and then do the long leg
back to calais. Enjoy.

Another good lakeside site is
www.seefeldpark.ch at Sarnen just a few miles off the motorway to the Gotthard tunnel

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
This campsite is great, stayed there 2 years ago, the two swimming pools are amazing, the outdoor one is a work of art.