Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best route from Rolle (lake Geneva)in Switzerland to lake como Italy

Team Ronnie

Team Ronnie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi ,we are currently in Rolle (lake Geneva) and will be heading to lake como Italy .We were wondering which route to take ? The E65 or the E62 .both seem approx same time. We will be doing it in one day with comfort stops .has anyone on this forum done either of these routes or a Swiss local Who could advise ?
Thanks

Hi, i do that regularly and I normally drive thru Simplon pass down to lake Maggiore, then after Gallarate you can take the a36 to como.
This is a bit slower than going through mont Blanc but if you have swiss motorway vignette it is much cheaper and normally not much traffic.
Plus if you like driving through the mountains, the Simplon pass offers good scenery
1687204466699.png

Hi, i do that regularly and I normally drive thru Simplon pass down to lake Maggiore, then after Gallarate you can take the a36 to como.
This is a bit slower than going through mont Blanc but if you have swiss motorway vignette it is much cheaper and normally not much traffic.
Plus if you like driving through the mountains, the Simplon pass offers good scenery
View attachment 110007
Thank you for taking the time to answer and for the information

Once over the Simplon you could also head towards Verbania/Intra and take the car ferry to Laveno-Mombello, then head towards Lugano and onwards to Como.