Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lanoguard Vehicle Underbody and Chassis Care Kit

David Ashcroft

David Ashcroft

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Has anyone used this product? The main reason I ask is I am assured by Lanoguard that applying it between a California roof and body will stop any galvanic corrosion dead and thus eliminate the roof corrosion issue. I didn't fancy greasing my roof up but videos on their website show it wipes off to leave a clean, transparent film.
Sounds good but is it too good to be true ?

Their website states the following:
Lanoguard has a set of features and technical specifications which really set it apart. Once you understand these technical features you can really start to work out all kinds of uses for Lanoguard grease and sprays across all kinds of corrosion protection, waterproofing, electrical and lubrication applications.
The Lanoguard features are (my colouring):
  • Natural and much, much longer lasting
  • Salt, Acid and Alkaline resistant
  • Waterproof (instantly waterproof anything)
  • Jet wash resistant to 3000 psi or 200 bar (won't be displaced and will keep protecting after cleaning)
  • Petroleum resistant (so petrol or diesel spillage or leakage wont displace it nor mix with it)
  • Non-conductive to 70,000 volts (use on all electrics and circuit boards)
  • Prevents galvanic corrosion and cold welding
  • Prevents electrolysis (no more seized nuts and bolts or outboard motor legs!)
  • Non-evaporative (won't dry out like normal grease leaving un-lubricated or protected parts)
  • Heat resistant to 450 degrees celsius
  • Adheres to all surfaces
  • Non-leaching (won't spread to other adjoining surfaces and material)
  • Non perishing (safe to use on all rubbers etc)
  • Lubricating (amazingly low friction co-efficients)
  • Very low friction coefficient
  • Ecologically sound (can be used safely in marine environments)
  • Non-petroleum based (non-toxic or hazardous)

1601736452386.png

Has anyone used this product? The main reason I ask is I am assured by Lanoguard that applying it between a California roof and body will stop any galvanic corrosion dead and thus eliminate the roof corrosion issue. I didn't fancy greasing my roof up but videos on their website show it wipes off to leave a clean, transparent film.

Lanoguard has a set of features and technical specifications which really set it apart. Once you understand these technical features you can really start to work out all kinds of uses for Lanoguard grease and sprays across all kinds of corrosion protection, waterproofing, electrical and lubrication applications.
  • Jet wash resistant to 3000 psi or 200 bar (won't be displaced and will keep protecting after cleaning)
  • Petroleum resistant (so petrol or diesel spillage or leakage wont displace it nor mix with it)
  • Non-evaporative (won't dry out like normal grease leaving un-lubricated or protected parts)

View attachment 67244

Came up on my facebook feed as well. With so many advertisements claiming to be worlds best and all ... I take all claims with a pinch of salt ... unless someone on here with a boat has heard about them in the marine industry ...

I was about to post the same question but found this short thread. Looks like no one has tried this stuff on the forum? Having had a classic T2 for 10 years I know how rusty they can get, and now taking delivery of our new Ocean this weekend I’d like to slow (stop!) the rustiness as we plan on having the new ocean for decades! I was wondering whether it would impact any warranties? It seems a good product and easy to use Lanoguard video. I’ll ask the dealership when I collect.

View attachment 67244
I was about to post the same question but found this short thread. Looks like no one has tried this stuff on the forum? Having had a classic T2 for 10 years I know how rusty they can get, and now taking delivery of our new Ocean this weekend I’d like to slow (stop!) the rustiness as we plan on having the new ocean for decades! I was wondering whether it would impact any warranties? It seems a good product and easy to use Lanoguard video. I’ll ask the dealership when I collect.
As far as they’re claims regarding the California Roof - Snake Oil.

The galvanic roof corrosion is between aluminium roof and steel insert in the rubber seal around the edge of the roof. Nothing to do with the body.

Most adverts on Facebook are Snake Oil.

As far as they’re claims regarding the California Roof - Snake Oil.

The galvanic roof corrosion is between aluminium roof and steel insert in the rubber seal around the edge of the roof. Nothing to do with the body.

Most adverts on Facebook are Snake Oil.
Thanks @WelshGas, it does seem rather too good to be true. I was thinking of the chassis rather than the roof and had my previous camper waxoyled which kept her solid despite her age and many wet camping trips and being kept on the drive year round. Was wondering is anyone does anything with their calis or T6s that’s different.

Thanks @WelshGas, it does seem rather too good to be true. I was thinking of the chassis rather than the roof and had my previous camper waxoyled which kept her solid despite her age and many wet camping trips and being kept on the drive year round. Was wondering is anyone does anything with their calis or T6s that’s different.
T4s can be prone to rust but the T5/5.1/6 , apart from the Galvanic roof corrosion seem to be well protected.
Waxoyl and Dinitrol products do have a good track record .

Good to know thanks

Did mine with ACF 50 before winter and when the wind and rain permits I'm going to check it and redo if required.
Looks a similar product in theory.

I've just bought this stuff for my T4 syncro. Hopefully i'll have it on in the next couple of days if this rain buggers off

Took the plunge and applied Lanoguard to the underside of my Cali. So pleased with the results, easy and quick to apply D14E9F93-F14E-4AD2-9630-5210EF525B56.jpeg3B22DFB7-01F8-47DD-9FB9-274F5B374CD4.jpeg

Took the plunge and applied Lanoguard to the underside of my Cali. So pleased with the results, easy and quick to apply View attachment 86668View attachment 86669
Looks good. I got a some a month ago and am waiting to take it round to a mates garage to get it on the ramp or over a pit. Too old to be lying on my back under vehicles any more.
David. Did you remove the plastic undertrays and treat the body there as well?

Looks good. I got a some a month ago and am waiting to take it round to a mates garage to get it on the ramp or over a pit. Too old to be lying on my back under vehicles any more.
David. Did you remove the plastic undertrays and treat the body there as well?
I haven’t removed the under trays as yet although I do intend to do so. I still have two wheels to remove to do the suspension properly so I’m slowly working around the whole vehicle.
Have to say, it’s marvellous stuff !

Took the plunge and applied Lanoguard to the underside of my Cali. So pleased with the results, easy and quick to apply View attachment 86668View attachment 86669
Hi I am going buy some lanoguard for my defender and really tempted to give my Cali a good covering it gets amazing reviews on the Land Rover forums,the best bit is it can be applied to plastic so no need to mask off.How’s yours holding up?

It’s excellent stuff. It still looks like it did in the photos I posted last year. This stuff does what it says on the tin and doesn’t come off.
I bought a kit which included Lanoguard, grease and spray attachment. I still have half a container of the Lanoguard and almost all of the grease.
I would definitely recommend it.

It gets good reviews including from the 4x4 community and others whose vehicles get regularly blasted by stones etc underneath. I have a couple of vehicles that could so with it but all have some surface rust on chassis/underbody/suspension components. By using Lanoguard direct onto that it will just lock in the rust so I know the proper procedure will be to Jenolite (or similar rust converter) first, but not sure if I can be @rsed, may just try the Lanoguard.

Where are you guys finding this for purchase? The main link isn't working for me at least.

Back