Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lanperna from San Sebastian, Basque Country (Cali Beach Camper 6.1)

I

ivanAizpuruaM

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hi from San Sebastian,
Having experienced camper vacations for a decade, we have finally got a semi-new white Cali Beach Camper 6.1, DSG, 3 seater, in November 2021. A dream come true!
We are having Lanperna, our Cali, camperized in February. We want to add a complete water system, a solar panel and a pull-out kitchen including sink and space for a portable compression fridge.
Being 4 in the family; Ivan (36), Alex (31), Amane (1) and our dog Toti (11); we want to keep the king size bed, no furniture on the windows. We like having free space in the van.

Thanks you all for all the sharing in the forum!
Cheers,

Ivan

C07AEA48-EDC0-4E68-AA60-378A685F001E.jpeg

Kaixo Ivan! We're waiting for a Cali here in Donosti too, currently supposed to arrive at VASA in May...

Good luck with the additions - I'd be interested to hear how the solar installation goes as I'll definitely fit one to the Cali. At the moment I'm looking at the no-drilling units offered by Solar Camper Solutions in the UK as I don't really want to drill holes in a brand new van, but a local supplier would be better.

Kaixo Ivan! We're waiting for a Cali here in Donosti too, currently supposed to arrive at VASA in May...

Good luck with the additions - I'd be interested to hear how the solar installation goes as I'll definitely fit one to the Cali. At the moment I'm looking at the no-drilling units offered by Solar Camper Solutions in the UK as I don't really want to drill holes in a brand new van, but a local supplier would be better.

@Roger Donoghue solar kits are very easy to fit and they are very well packed (screwed into a purpose built wooden frame)

Last edited:
Hi from San Sebastian,
Having experienced camper vacations for a decade, we have finally got a semi-new white Cali Beach Camper 6.1, DSG, 3 seater, in November 2021. A dream come true!
We are having Lanperna, our Cali, camperized in February. We want to add a complete water system, a solar panel and a pull-out kitchen including sink and space for a portable compression fridge.
Being 4 in the family; Ivan (36), Alex (31), Amane (1) and our dog Toti (11); we want to keep the king size bed, no furniture on the windows. We like having free space in the van.

Thanks you all for all the sharing in the forum!
Cheers,

Ivan

View attachment 88320
Welcome! I’m currently touring in your beautiful country!

1C794CF7-F540-4FEE-BBA1-8DD0629B0BC4.jpeg

Aupa Bob!
I would definitely not think someone from Donosti would reply first. ;) Which is great! That way, we could meet up some day.
I haven’t done any research on the solar panels; it’s something the professional camperizer suggested and I agreed. As I’ll be meeting them the first week of February, I’ll let you know. By the way, thanks for sharing the @Roger Donoghue thread.
Bob, I’ll write a private message to you.

Cheers

Aupa Bob!
I would definitely not think someone from Donosti would reply first. ;) Which is great! That way, we could meet up some day.
I haven’t done any research on the solar panels; it’s something the professional camperizer suggested and I agreed. As I’ll be meeting them the first week of February, I’ll let you know. By the way, thanks for sharing the @Roger Donoghue thread.
Bob, I’ll write a private message to you.

Cheers
Hey Ivan! Yep there are probably only two Donostiarras on here! We might have already met if you ever go to Izaba, Zuriza etc ;)

I think the solar is a good idea, sometimes the best places on a campsite don't have electrical hookup, but if you only stay for one or two nights maybe it's not needed

Hey Ivan! Yep there are probably only two Donostiarras on here! We might have already met if you ever go to Izaba, Zuriza etc ;)

I think the solar is a good idea, sometimes the best places on a campsite don't have electrical hookup, but if you only stay for one or two nights maybe it's not needed
Hey Bob!
I’ve only been to Izaba once and we want to repeat and discover the area. It’s not so appealing in winter, with a baby.
I’ll contact you if we go there.

Happy Tuesday!

Hey Bob!
I’ve only been to Izaba once and we want to repeat and discover the area. It’s not so appealing in winter, with a baby.
I’ll contact you if we go there.

Happy Tuesday!
Looking forward to getting up there again! But yeah you need a heater in winter, probably easier to stay near the coast with a baby if you can find a campsite open in winter!

BTW check out this YT channel if you haven’t already - family of 5 with a Beach in Catalunya:

Hi - i have a Beach and have been planning a 3 month trip away in the summer. I have been working on an internal layout to suit our camping needs - and allow us (me and my wife only) to live comfortably on our tour. I would be interested in seeing your layout when it is finished and fitted.

When mine is ready i plan to do a video to show how we have designed a layout that allows us to stow away our possessions / clothes / shoes / kit - stow away food / drinks and all cooking equipment - cook and prepare meals inside and outside, providing 2 x shower options, including the storage of 40lt of water inside and a 12lt solar shower outside. We will not have any grey water storage and will wash up outside.

The Beach is such an adaptable vehicle - when we get home it reverts to a 6 seater day van and my car.

Have fun - we love northern spain

Looking forward to getting up there again! But yeah you need a heater in winter, probably easier to stay near the coast with a baby if you can find a campsite open in winter!

BTW check out this YT channel if you haven’t already - family of 5 with a Beach in Catalunya:

Thanks for ‘5 en furgo’ channel suggestion Bob. I had already watched some of their videos, which gave some simplifying ideas. And I got ther the AC tube idea to get the hot air to the pop-up roof.
Cheers!

Thanks for ‘5 en furgo’ channel suggestion Bob. I had already watched some of their videos, which gave some simplifying ideas. And I got ther the AC tube idea to get the hot air to the pop-up roof.
Cheers!
I admire how they make such a small van work with a large family! However I’m sure as the kids grow up they’ll become 5 en Autocaravana ;)

Hi - i have a Beach and have been planning a 3 month trip away in the summer. I have been working on an internal layout to suit our camping needs - and allow us (me and my wife only) to live comfortably on our tour. I would be interested in seeing your layout when it is finished and fitted.

When mine is ready i plan to do a video to show how we have designed a layout that allows us to stow away our possessions / clothes / shoes / kit - stow away food / drinks and all cooking equipment - cook and prepare meals inside and outside, providing 2 x shower options, including the storage of 40lt of water inside and a 12lt solar shower outside. We will not have any grey water storage and will wash up outside.

The Beach is such an adaptable vehicle - when we get home it reverts to a 6 seater day van and my car.

Have fun - we love northern spain
Hi Cali Fate,
We’re handing our Cali Beach tomorrow. It should be done in 2-3 weeks.
I’ll post on the hand, my brainstorming draft drawing and on the other, the final product’s picture.

I have to read the forum rules. I don’t know whether this data is out of place (self intro).

These have been my influences to sketch our idea:
I really like OVERLAND BOUND.
He makes a good point on the material chosen.

Thomas Heaton

https://youtu.be/NzbZUDVcemY

MOKUBO looks great, but its TOO EXPENSIVE: https://youtu.be/m-0jttv2rXw

Cheers!

Hey @bob_summers,
Regarding the solar panel, I'm having installed non-drilling solar panels. Apparently, the wire goes from the roof to the interior, through the space between the roof and the back door. As far as the quotation is concerned, I should be getting it tomorrow. I'll let you know.

Back