Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Latest 2019 VED Road Tax Costs

Information of new VED rates. Just scroll up down to find your vehicle rate.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2019/04/motorists-will-pay-more-car-tax-from-today/#2017
Hi @B J G
Could you help me with road tax
I’ve paid my first year when I picked up my Cali I June this year.
It’s a 199 diesel 4 motion California with co2 of 210.
What will I pay for next 4 years as I understand the higher tax is for five years?
Thanks in advance

Greg

Ps did try pm but not sure I did it correctly

£465 per year at todays rates. Its for the next 5 years not just 4
This is the same as any other petrol/deisel car with a list price over £40,000

Hi @B J G
Could you help me with road tax
I’ve paid my first year when I picked up my Cali I June this year.
It’s a 199 diesel 4 motion California with co2 of 210.
What will I pay for next 4 years as I understand the higher tax is for five years?
Thanks in advance

Greg

Ps did try pm but not sure I did it correctly
You can get your individual vehicle rate here

Alternate source

As andyinluton says £465 currently

£3605 over the 6 year period. My March '17 204 over the same period approx £1450

Last edited:
You don't need to look it up, its the same rate for every diesel & petrol car registered after April 2017. The only thing that can be different is the over £40k list price penalty.

So for any Cali registered after April 2017 the current rate for renewing tax is £465 per year.

You don't need to look it up, its the same rate for every diesel & petrol car registered after April 2017. The only thing that can be different is the over £40k list price penalty.

So for any Cali registered after April 2017 the current rate for renewing tax is £465 per year.
Correct we paid £465 in June

You can get your individual vehicle rate here

Alternate source

As andyinluton says £465 currently

£3605 over the 6 year period. My March '17 204 over the same period approx £1450
Thank you :thumb

Does the UK have differences between passenger cars and commercial vans?
In Belgium we have.
Passenger cars have to go to the MOT first time after 4 years, then every 2 years, unless the vehicle has over 100000 km, or didn't pass the MOT, then they need to go every year. And passenger cars pay road tax. But I don't know how much.
Commercial vans need to go to the MOT every year, regardless of mileage or age. But they pay a fixed road tax based on weight.
A California SE/Ocean is considered a campervan, and has the same treatment as a commercial van, so every year MOT, but low road tax.

Why do you allow your government to do this, we do not pay this high rate in Germany. In fact it is over 50% less

Why do you allow your government to do this, we do not pay this high rate in Germany. In fact it is over 50% less
Oh we love it really. If you like a drink, smoke and drive a car then it's quite normal to get a damn good spanking at Budget time. Anyway, if they didn't raise it via VED they'd only come up with some other wizard wheeze to raise money...........window tax or robbing peoples pensions perhaps. Ooops sorry, they've already tried those.

Seriously, taxes have to be raised. If someone can afford to buy an expensive car, it doesn't seem that unreasonable to pay some tax for the previledge.

Back