Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Still wondering if you should buy? Do you know what's coming?

So list price isn't £40,320. the OTR price is £40,320........ list price including VAT for a 150 beach is £39,264.00 so just under the £40k limit with metallic paint.

Not sure, as I cant find any definitive answer to "List Price", this article states the "OTR" price.......

Extras etc are not applicable as it simply uses the list price.

Although in the VED reform paper on the HMRC website here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...11/ved-reform-briefing-for-motor-industry.pdf

It states the following:

1) This list price will be provided by the manufacturer or dealer/retailer and reflect the vehicle list price on the day before it is first registered and taxed.

2) A full definition of list price and notional price will be issued.

Point 1 to me indicates that the List Price is less the OTR costs, of which tax is one of the parts.

Interesting, I found this:

List price

List price is defined as "the inclusive price published by the manufacturer, importer or distributor of the car if sold singly in a retail sale in the open market in the UK on the day before the date of the car's first registration".

It includes standard accessories, relevant taxes, customs and excise duties and delivery charges, but excludes the new car registration fee. In practice it is therefore the car's showroom price before any negotiated discount and includes:-

• VAT;
  • delivery;
  • number plates; and
  • the price of any optional extras and extra-cost accessories fitted before registration.
It's important to remember that the price used to calculate the car benefit charge is not the dealer's advertised price, nor the price actually paid for the car, which might take account of discounts or other promotional offers made by the manufacturer or the dealer.

As an employer must report the value of the car benefit charge to HMRC, list price is commonly referred to as the P11D value, after the official form that must be submitted each year to notify HMRC of benefits provided to higher paid employees.

I'm looking to order a 204 Ocean dsg in Jan 2017
At present i am excempt RFL, as I receive a war pension and the war pension mobility supplement (blue badge)
How will the changes from 01/04/17 affect me?

As a Welshman in Ireland everything is more expensive here but magically the California is classed as a motor caravan and I pay €102 per year. Anything before 2008 and over 3000cc pay €1800! A new California here today is €75000 so don't feel too bad paying the extra car tax! We have a Vehicle Registration Tax on our Car prices, can be 30% more, on VAT no less! ARRGH!

I'm looking to order a 204 Ocean dsg in Jan 2017
At present i am excempt RFL, as I receive a war pension and the war pension mobility supplement (blue badge)
How will the changes from 01/04/17 affect me?
Perhaps the DVLA could answer that question, have you tried them?

From my POV nothing has changed.

A California is an expensive vehicle. There are many alternatives, both as a Camper and as a leisure vehicle. Some conversions may be unaffected so it will place them in a different value frame from before.

At the end of the day nothing has changed for me as it's still "what do I want, what's the best choices for that need, what gives the best value".

The cost of owning a Cali will increase. Do I still need one and is it the best choice post VED?

This is the cost of the countries response to Climate Change. Can't have it both ways.

This is the cost of the countries response to Climate Change. Can't have it both ways.

Then if it's going to cost that much why change Climates? :shocked

Is this another "government initiative", change for change sake? :sad

Then if it's going to cost that much why change Climates? :shocked

Is this another "government initiative", change for change sake? :sad

I thought it was a revenue generator.
Far to many £20/£30 low rate vehicles being registered equals drop in total revenue from VED, something had to be done to boost it back up again.

I thought it was a revenue generator.
Far to many £20/£30 low rate vehicles being registered equals drop in total revenue from VED, something had to be done to boost it back up again.
But the Low VED rates were to promote environmentally friendly vehicles, electric, hybrid Euro5/6 which came into a lower VED class so the government were losing revenue, hence the changes and increases.
So the base reason is to decrease our Carbon Footprint by offering a bribe to purchase more, supposedly, environmentally friendly vehicles

Back