Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leadtime from placing order to build date

K

KevinR

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all,

We ordered our VW California* on 26th Sep. I'd really appreciate hearing how long others have waited to receive an initial factory build date.

Also, what have been your experiences for changing factory options after the build date - what types of options can be changed after the initial build date without causing delays.

Thanks in advance for your response. Looking forward to collection date...

*Candy White Ocean, 150PS, manual with chrome pack and other extras. Plans to add red mirror covers plus other red detailing.

Hi, and welcome to the site. :)

There is a long, long thread on the site devoted to lead times here:

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/t6-vw-california-delays.12655/

The long & short of it is that you're likely to wait 4-8 months at the moment, from initial order to picking it up from the dealership, but there are plenty of examples of longer and shorter lead times.

There's growing evidence that dealers have annual allocations, and that these may be variable depending on how many orders they place, but trying to understand its impact on lead times in conjunction with your various options is the sort of dark art for which heretics were burnt at the stake not so long ago...

Good luck in the California Delivery Lottery, I hope it arrives next week!

Hi all,

We ordered our VW California* on 26th Sep. I'd really appreciate hearing how long others have waited to receive an initial factory build date.

Also, what have been your experiences for changing factory options after the build date - what types of options can be changed after the initial build date without causing delays.

Thanks in advance for your response. Looking forward to collection date...

*Candy White Ocean, 150PS, manual with chrome pack and other extras. Plans to add red mirror covers plus other red detailing.
Hi kevinR,
welcome I ordered mine on the 22nd sept and was given a build date of 17th April on Friday. I wanted to add the chrome package, but they said it would put the build date back to mid May, which I wasn't prepared to do as I'm waiting long enough as it is.

We have had numerous provisional build dates anywhere between week 44 and week 6 (2017) but no confirmed build date.

We had a provisional build date 3 weeks after placing the order.

Build is due for week 50, but wont be confirmed until 4 weeks before. If and its a big IF the Van is built to plan we are due to take delivery in early Feb, 6 months after ordering

I wanted to add the chrome package, but they said it would put the build date back to mid May, which I wasn't prepared to do as I'm waiting long enough as it is.

The information you have been given doesn't tally with the information my dealer has given to me when I have added options.

We ordered our Ocean end of May and we changed to status 20 about a month ago, the build date was 2 weeks ago but our dealer has informed us of delays due to stock outs of a couple of parts. Expected ETA is mid to end Nov. I suspect end Nov would be the earliest we are likely to see anything. This would leave us with a six month lead time.
Our dealer also informed us that if we were placing the order today we would be looking more in the region of a 9 month wait.
Regarding updating your spec, we made a last minute change to the Alcantara seat covers after seeing the local demo model, which had these fitted. As long as your order is at status 10 (Your dealer should be able to tell you the latest status) you can update your order.
Ironically we amended our order and i was expecting a delay due to the change, and two weeks later our order changed to status 20 and was locked in.
Good luck with yours.
Steve

What info have you been given?

Adding to the order before a confirmed build date has no effect on the unconfirmed build date unless the item is out of stock. Making changes can sometimes bring the order forward, but I cannot see how this would happen in your case.

If the information I have been given is correct, then either your dealer doesn't understand the system, or cannot be bothered to input the changes for the small amount of extra commission he would receive for the changes.

Well finally got a build date of Jan 10th :)

Ordered mid September and very strangely VW have given me ÂŁ400.00 for the delay I did call them directly a couple of times to ask for an update as the Dealer did not know.

Maybe that prompted that who knows but n the other hand I did think hang on it will be late after April 1st and the TAX will go up ÂŁ400.00 :(

Thanks for all your responses so far.

We have just been given a build date of Wk10 - w/c 6th March - having placed our order on 27th September. Hope the date doesn't slip too much otherwise we'll end up with additional tax costs of ÂŁ1500.

Good luck to all who are patiently waiting.

For those that already have your Cali, did you experience any delays from the first notified build date?

Well finally got a build date of Jan 10th :)

Ordered mid September and very strangely VW have given me ÂŁ400.00 for the delay I did call them directly a couple of times to ask for an update as the Dealer did not know.

Maybe that prompted that who knows but n the other hand I did think hang on it will be late after April 1st and the TAX will go up ÂŁ400.00 :(

We ordered in late Sep and got a build date of 6th March. So your date of January seems like a good result?

Ordered 02 September but build date still unconfirmed week 2

Ordered 5 Sep with original provisional build week 49. Shortly afterwards this moved forward to week 47, but then slipped to week 48 after I made a couple of minor changes to options.
Now confirmed as status 20 for build week 48 :bananadance2

With Christmas and New Year potentially complicating delivery I am hoping it will be in my hands by mid January :)

(Just noticed this thread so copied my post on the T6 California delays thread)

I inquired about ordering a new Highline Kombi in late September and was told not to expect it until May 2017 so it looks like you folks ordering a California are doing better that those ordering a 'normal' commercial versions.

Rod

Ordered my T6 California Ocean in May and received it last month, which I thought was pretty good. Think it depends on the dealership. I ordered mine for Heritage Bristol.

I only made modifications in the first week and this did not impact delivery date.

Ordered my T6 California Ocean in May and received it last month, which I thought was pretty good. Think it depends on the dealership. I ordered mine for Heritage Bristol.

I only made modifications in the first week and this did not impact delivery date.
Hi and welcome to the board. Few of us from Bristol in here.

Mike

Ordered mine from Bristol two weeks ago. :-D

Back