Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lee's Dashboard Mash Up

James

James

Top Poster
VIP Member
This is Lee having his dashboard pulled to pieces for the benefit of Bluetooth and Midi.

A daunting process made much easier by the sensitive and kind support he received from his Cali friends.

Here's a VW 310 at a jaunty angle in a Norfolk Field.

IMG_1768.jpg

Wires - brown - red - oh no...

IMG_1775.jpg

Looks promising this could be the very thing that allows Lee to call breakdown hands free...

IMG_1774.jpg

You're right - that's a lot insulation - you could probably lag the loft with it

IMG_1773.jpg

The Climtronic is mine!

IMG_1772.jpg

For those who have never seen Stu in the flesh - this is his arm - also what is the white plastic thing for?

IMG_1771.jpg

No oven in the Cali - the perfect space for a micro microwave?

IMG_1770-1.jpg

That's not Lee - he was too nervous - it wasn't so much that most of his Berg is lying in a field on the hottest day of the year it's that he's run out of fresh underwear

IMG_1769.jpg

This is the point you can get the fake wood trim for your T5 and apply it

IMG_1766.jpg

And has anyone ever wanted a nice VW themed Cali Clock to sit on their side?

Here's the answer - Lee did they go back in and display KPH or were they fine?

IMG_1777.jpg

If only you had colour DIS here...

And finally - pillar trim off... With a loud crack...

IMG_1776.jpg

I haven't put the the pictures where Stu started cutting into the headlining to attach the mic, a picture wouldn't really do it justice, the look of fear was only matched by the smell of fear which for all of us sitting in Lee's berg was tangible.

Lee - we salute your bravery - you are a true Cali Hero!!!!

OMG brave or mad.....

does it work or are you all still looking for the last few bits un the field?

I did watch a little bit off the destruction and it did look scary I have to say :crazy
But all back now top work stu :thumb :thumb and good work with the photo's james :thumb

I think Lee had drunk a few glasses of courage the night before. Gary was stood in the background making mental notes too!!

All done with no screws left over, I'm slacking.

Stu said:
I think Lee had drunk a few glasses of courage the night before. Gary was stood in the background making mental notes too!!

All done with no screws left over, I'm slacking.

And not much use of the hammer... :(

His face was a picture when I turned up with the club hammer. :shocked :laugh2

thankyou very much james for posting this and giving me nightmares last night of that mornings mind melt and body melt given the temp outside..... It wasn't something i would have normally even contemplated on a 2 month old car/bus/van , but i had faith and trust in stu and am very grateful for his help .... :thumb
Also it was very nice to have some moral support from Gary , james , andy and kev with afew passing words ...cheers guys :laugh2 :thumb :thumb

the club hammer did silence me for a split second ,as i was hoping the trim would magically fall off and re-install itself at the touch of the bergfathers healing hands ....." and it did " :barmy

:thanks :thanks :thanks

Back