Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Left Indicator Not Working

C

CaliMac

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
6 month old Ocean and the left indicator has stopped working. Being LED not sure what the issue is as there does not appear to be a bulb as such, it seems to be an integrated array across the width of the headlamp assembly. Google and search tried first without much help. Anyone had this problem?

6 month old Ocean and the left indicator has stopped working. Being LED not sure what the issue is as there does not appear to be a bulb as such, it seems to be an integrated array across the width of the headlamp assembly. Google and search tried first without much help. Anyone had this problem?
Front, Rear and side repeater not working or just the rear?

Actually the entire headlamp unit now has failed with no lights working; repeater works OK when indicating left. Fuses appear to be fine.

Actually the entire headlamp unit now has failed with no lights working; repeater works OK when indicating left. Fuses appear to be fine.
Sounds like a bad earth to the whole unit?

And the rear lights?

They work.
The headlight unit has individual inputs for the various lights but a common earth/ chassis ground.
If every headlight light failed at once the checking the earth would be my first port of call as @sidepod suggested but if indicator failed first and then the rest then a little more involved. I presume under warranty so it sounds like a Dealership visit.
Or, phone VW Assistance, insist on a VW technician as you can't really drive incase the other side fails. They also have priority access to the Dealer network if they can't fix it.

The headlight unit has individual inputs for the various lights but a common earth/ chassis ground.
If every headlight light failed at once the checking the earth would be my first port of call as @sidepod suggested but if indicator failed first and then the rest then a little more involved. I presume under warranty so it sounds like a Dealership visit.
Or, phone VW Assistance, insist on a VW technician as you can't really drive incase the other side fails. They also have priority access to the Dealer network if they can't fix it.
Thank you for this. Yes not sure of the exact sequence but I now have progressed to 5 warnings on the dash. I am in outer hebrides until tomorrow so I will likely need to manage until I reach mainland. I have left a message with the nearest VW garage. I will post the root cause if I find out.

VW breakdown technician has diagnosed the fault with his laptop which points to the controller for the LH headlamp. Van now picked up by a recovery truck on its way to VW garage as it apparently needs the front bumper removed. Technician had not heard of another case like it. I think they need to fix it in 72 hrs or else provide a temporary vehicle.

Seems the controller was not the root cause. Another part ordered or what I would call 'swapnostics' in the aircraft industry.

Yeah, I remember a technician grounding three aircraft to fix one!