Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Left it a bit late…

B

Babymollymonster

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi, been contemplating a Beach for about 2 years and nearly bought a pre reg T6 in early 2020… now looking at a late T5.1. I’m curious as to what prices were like pre covid for a late T5.1? ie. a circa 60k 2015 is circa £35k now. Were they significantly cheaper pre covid. I‘m now thinking ordering a new oneand waiting 12 months is the way to go as we have a young family and adecade plus of use hopefully.

:welcome There’s no point in regretting what you didn’t do. Keep looking forwards ...

Jan 2020, a 9 month old ex VW lease Beach was about 38k - the supermarkets had loads of them and VW dealers had a bunch of pre registered ones at 20% off list.
This year I suspect many campsites are going to be very busy or already booked up.
So maybe ordering for next year is the best idea

Hi, been contemplating a Beach for about 2 years and nearly bought a pre reg T6 in early 2020… now looking at a late T5.1. I’m curious as to what prices were like pre covid for a late T5.1? ie. a circa 60k 2015 is circa £35k now. Were they significantly cheaper pre covid. I‘m now thinking ordering a new oneand waiting 12 months is the way to go as we have a young family and adecade plus of use hopefully.
Prices at the moment are beyond excessive. I'd save your money.

I just can't see the value. As much as we love everything the California offers it is just not worth the current premium that people are paying.

I think the premium could be as much as 10k over what is fair market value.

That would give you a few years of very plush holidays.

If you're set on camping, I'd buy a nice tent, have some fun and then look again when the bleak winter sets in.

Lots of kite flying at the moment, don’t fall for it. Reality will set in soon enough.

Hire when needed this year and buy next would be my plan.

:welcomeIf you can wait, I would. I bought a brand new Cali in 2019 and sold it 10 months later with 6.5k miles which was after the first lockdown as I didn't feel we would get much use out of it in the current situation and it was worth more than I bought it for.

Loved my Cali and miss it desperately but I hate packed camp sites and prefer to camp around the med which looks doubtful again this year.

Prices are certainly at a premium and will surely correct when people can fly and cruise without restrictions and there's a T7 on the way, hopefully!!!!

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Thanks all, sound advice. We are well travelled/lots of camping as a couple. The plan for the Beach will be as a second car when needed/mobile office/odd UK weekend/transport to the Alps in summer (touring) and winter etc.
Decision made to order a new one but after a little more research into T7s and whether it will be worth waiting on. We will keep it for 8 plus years I'd imagine so happy to pay for the value we will receive in return.
I still want a stop gap and have found a local (not advertised) 2015 Beach 140 manual I can probably buy for £30k. 60k on the clock and very well looked after. I just need to figure out whether that specifically will be a good buy in so much as I won't lose too much selling it on in 12/15 months when common sense tells me there will be a few more available and less buyers...

Thanks all, sound advice. We are well travelled/lots of camping as a couple. The plan for the Beach will be as a second car when needed/mobile office/odd UK weekend/transport to the Alps in summer (touring) and winter etc.
Decision made to order a new one but after a little more research into T7s and whether it will be worth waiting on. We will keep it for 8 plus years I'd imagine so happy to pay for the value we will receive in return.
I still want a stop gap and have found a local (not advertised) 2015 Beach 140 manual I can probably buy for £30k. 60k on the clock and very well looked after. I just need to figure out whether that specifically will be a good buy in so much as I won't lose too much selling it on in 12/15 months when common sense tells me there will be a few more available and less buyers...
I think that if you can get hold of a Beach for 30k, then go for it, I can’t seeing you loosing much on that at all.

A decent spec new Beach with a good discount will be 60k next year, the time VW have had a couple of price rises.

I think that if you can get hold of a Beach for 30k, then go for it, I can’t seeing you loosing much on that at all.

A decent spec new Beach with a good discount will be 60k next year, the time VW have had a couple of price rises.
Our beach 6.1 is already 60k with the options we have picked