Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure Battery display!

The main reason to switch off the control unit is that it draws 0.2 amps per hour at rest ie nothing running so unless on mains or driven regularly unusable leisure batteries in around 30 days ( down to 10% but usually recoverable) hence VW guidance on 24 hrs mains charge once a month)

The main reason to switch off the control unit is that it draws 0.2 amps per hour at rest ie nothing running so unless on mains or driven regularly unusable leisure batteries in around 30 days ( down to 10% but usually recoverable) hence VW guidance on 24 hrs mains charge once a month)
Not quit correct. The Control Panel pulls 0.2 amps with the Screen On and nothing else. After a minute or so it goes into Standby Mode when it uses significantly less until woken up by a Button Press or Ignition On.
Before fitting Solar my Leisure Batteries dropped from 12.8 to 12.6 v over 35 days with Control Panel in Standby, Not switched Off.

Not quit correct. The Control Panel pulls 0.2 amps with the Screen On and nothing else. After a minute or so it goes into Standby Mode when it uses significantly less until woken up by a Button Press or Ignition On.
Before fitting Solar my Leisure Batteries dropped from 12.8 to 12.6 v over 35 days with Control Panel in Standby, Not switched Off.
Thanks for the correction. My experience in the first few months was that battery drain from 100 to 80 % was taking around 5 days to 7 days (limitation of read out accuracy accepted) and nothing running but control on ( no forgotten cupboard lights, roof light etc) soon as control panel always turned off negligible drop after parking up for 14 days airport car park ( sad I know to park a Cali up for 14 days but hol booked before purchase)

Thanks for the correction. My experience in the first few months was that battery drain from 100 to 80 % was taking around 5 days to 7 days (limitation of read out accuracy accepted) and nothing running but control on ( no forgotten cupboard lights, roof light etc) soon as control panel always turned off negligible drop after parking up for 14 days airport car park ( sad I know to park a Cali up for 14 days but hol booked before purchase)
I leave mine for a month or so, each winter, at Heathrow, when we go Down Under to visit my son. Too far to Drive for me.;)

Have you ever switched the Control Panel OFF, using the L lower button?
Yes, I have when I’ve garaged van for a month or two and don’t switch it back on unless I use fridge, heater, or pop-up roof. Is that what you mean by resetting/recalibration control unit. What does the handbook say about it ?

Yes, I have when I’ve garaged van for a month or two and don’t switch it back on unless I use fridge, heater, or pop-up roof. Is that what you mean by resetting/recalibration control unit. What does the handbook say about it ?
That's correct. The Voltage is a lot more accurate than the % figure which is a calculation and a bit hit and miss.