Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure Battery Running down

paul-thompson

paul-thompson

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Thank you in advance - quick battery query.

I have a 2017 VW california ocean. Finding that my leisure batteries appear to be reducing their charge despite not actually using them. Have driving the van burner out times to charge them fully and yet still trickle down in charge.

Has Anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions? Will definitely get the battery charge look at.

thank you

Have you hooked it up to the mains and let it charge up properly for a few days?

Hi Paul, they do drop and I plug our van in every 3- 4 weeks for 24 hours to top them up.

Thank you in advance - quick battery query.

I have a 2017 VW california ocean. Finding that my leisure batteries appear to be reducing their charge despite not actually using them. Have driving the van burner out times to charge them fully and yet still trickle down in charge.

Has Anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions? Will definitely get the battery charge look at.

thank you
1. Check nothing is plugged into any of the 12v sockets.
2. Is there anything plugged into the Inverter socket at the base of the B pillar behind the passenger seat? If there is remove it.
3. Check that the Inverter is not switched On. Lift the flap and check that the green LED is not on.
4. Leisure Batteries will not keep their charge indefinitely.

Be sure you are running on both batteries as a blown fuse could take out a battery leaving all the work to one....
Ps change your avatar details from SE to Ocean as you say you have a Ocean ;)