Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Less is more and easy access

Grumpy Mike

Grumpy Mike

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Having returned from Spain again, less is more is the main thing for me. I de cluttered and added another shelf to the cupboard so that I can get stuff out easier without emptying the whole van and also have a shelf for "stuff" that I use a lot... Computer, wallet, light, keys etc for on a night so I can clear my stuff out of the way. It really is less is more for a more enjoyable easy trip.

IMG_3368.jpg

......but the vacuum cleaner stays? Wow! :D

The wonders of travelling on your own or as a couple! Add two kids and a scruffy terrier turns that order to chaos very quickly.

Good chaos though! I like order but a bit of chaos keeps you on your toes!

My wife loves those vacuum bags. In fact she loves clever storage solutions. We can’t move in our house for clever storage solutions!

In my profession I'm definitely a man of 'Less is More'. And also concerning the Cali I agree that we have to be selective in what we take on board. My criterium is that everything has to have multiple functions (good more is way more).
I can't see my cupboards nearly empty. First because it's a pity not to use the potential of the car (for the reason that it's not well organized), but also because if the cupboards are not cleverly filled (even with empty boxes) it just all slides and rattles while driving.
I often enjoy myself at night in complete darkness looking for something I need, and find it on the spot I chose for it.
And about chaos, so much of it in daily life... No?

Last edited:
Did you make the extra shelf? I have the extra holes and was thinking of doing the same. I think the club shop sells the clips that hold the shelves up?

Did you make the extra shelf? I have the extra holes and was thinking of doing the same. I think the club shop sells the clips that hold the shelves up?
Yep. I made the shelf. Clips as you say from club shop and aluminium from e bay...

Its the battery one. Always on charge and brilliant bit of kit...

Back