Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Level Ups

SteveH

SteveH

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I bought a set of Fiamma Level ups from the forum shop but after reading the instructions realised that they are only 20cm wide and the instructions tell me that I should allow 10mm each side of the tyre which means that even the smallest Cali tyre is going to overhang 2.5mm on each side (12.5mm out of spec). My tyres are 235/55 R17 which means I will be overhanging 17.5mm each side. I assume I have to return these and go shopping again or does anyone have experience with these level ups? I had assumed this was a no brainer because the level ups where listed in the Cali Essentials section.

Cali essentials , but 235 tyres are not the standaard size....
You indeed got wider level blocks at some campingstores , gues the forum shop just has the basics.

But these blocks are to small for the narrowest wheels available on the configurator.

235/55/17 is the standard size on mine, and they are just fine in the Fiamma ramps.

Thanks Loz, I assume you just have to be a little more accurate with your aim. Did you see any issues with the small bit of overhang you have each side? I did notice that Fiamma do a larger set of 8 ton levellers but they same a little over the top and when space is at a premium I would rather not fill the van with bigger ones if I don't have to.

I bought a set of Fiamma Level ups from the forum shop but after reading the instructions realised that they are only 20cm wide and the instructions tell me that I should allow 10mm each side of the tyre which means that even the smallest Cali tyre is going to overhang 2.5mm on each side (12.5mm out of spec). My tyres are 235/55 R17 which means I will be overhanging 17.5mm each side. I assume I have to return these and go shopping again or does anyone have experience with these level ups? I had assumed this was a no brainer because the level ups where listed in the Cali Essentials section.
I went for these Steve. 240 Wide.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003VMYP2S/?tag=eliteelect-21

Mike

Thanks Loz, I assume you just have to be a little more accurate with your aim. Did you see any issues with the small bit of overhang you have each side? I did notice that Fiamma do a larger set of 8 ton levellers but they same a little over the top and when space is at a premium I would rather not fill the van with bigger ones if I don't have to.
I just wedge them centrally under the wheel and drive up them no aiming required.DSCF6284 (1).jpg

Last edited:
In the UK 235's were standard on our 180

I've got 235s and the 20cm Fiammas. I can't see it being a problem unless you are on an unstable bit of ground or don't mount them squarely.

235/55/17 is the standard size on mine, and they are just fine in the Fiamma ramps.

@Loz , you say it yourself...on yours....
The standard size factory fitted wheels on my T5 where steel 215 16" .

Seems now they put bigger on the T6 as standard .
There are only 2 types 215 16" in the current brochure
It also depends on witch country , is it a 4motion , is it a package deal , edition version ,....
these are mine

IMG_5425.JPG

Last edited:
We have the Fiamma Level Ups and have used them without a problem - in fact the front wheels are on them now!

I have been using the standard Fiamma level ups for a good few years with no problems, if you want the next size up you will need the Fiamma jumbo which are massive and will take up most the boot.

235 is the tyre width but not the tread width. Did you check the ramp with a tyre actually on it?
Solution could be to have a steel or alloy plate on top of ramp. Possibly even ply wood.

Back